Apr 25, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Here’s everything you need to know — television and start time-wise, anyway — for what promises to be a nail-biting night of NHL playoff action on Thursday.
New York Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators
— Puck drop at 7 p.m. ET from Madison Square Garden.
— Game can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
Florida Panthers vs. New Jersey Devils
— Puck drop at 8:30 p.m. ET from the BankAtlantic Center in Florida.
— Game can be seen on NHL Network to start; will be joined in progress by NBC Sports Network following the conclusion of Rangers-Senators.
— This will be the second time in four years the Rangers have gone to Game 7 in the opening round. In 2008-09, the Blueshirts lost to Washington on a late goal from Sergei Fedorov. Interestingly, only six players from that team are still with the Rangers: Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi and Henrik Lundqvist.
— Ottawa hasn’t played a Game 7 since before the lockout. But prior to the lockout, the Sens were one of the least successful Game 7 teams around, losing to Toronto in 2002, New Jersey in 2003 and Toronto again in 2004.
— If there’s a team with a decided Game 7 advantage, it’s New Jersey. Martin Brodeur has a wealth of experience in these situations — Thursday will be his 10th Game 7 — and he’s 3-1 in his last four.
— The Panthers have played one Game 7 in franchise history: The 1996 Eastern Conference finals against Pittsburgh. In that game, Tom Fitzgerald, Johan Garpenlov and Mike Hough scored the goals in a 3-1 victory while John Vanbiesbrouck stopped 39 of 40 shots.
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 0
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 17
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 78
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 34
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (78)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)