Apr 25, 2012, 11:30 PM EDT
Quibble about strategic differences all you want, but it certainly didn’t seem like a mistake that the Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals series went a full seven games with the Caps winning Game 7 2-1 in OT. The Capitals won three out of four regular season games and stood toe-to-toe with Boston through six games, so Matt Hendricks‘ post-game comments to Katie Carrera don’t seem too brash.
“We played these guys tough for six games going into tonight,” Hendricks said. “We knew we could beat them.”
“I”m not surprised,” Alzner said. “No, I’m just kidding. It feels unbelievable.”
Caps owner Ted Leonsis is known for being one of the most accessible in the NHL, if not sports. He provided this honest and interesting account of the series.
“This certainly was the best, most competitive series since I’ve owned the team,” Leonsis said.
Leonsis isn’t being hyperbolic. After all, this is one of the most competitive series – at least statistically – in NHL history.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)