Apr 25, 2012, 11:30 PM EST
Quibble about strategic differences all you want, but it certainly didn’t seem like a mistake that the Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals series went a full seven games with the Caps winning Game 7 2-1 in OT. The Capitals won three out of four regular season games and stood toe-to-toe with Boston through six games, so Matt Hendricks‘ post-game comments to Katie Carrera don’t seem too brash.
“We played these guys tough for six games going into tonight,” Hendricks said. “We knew we could beat them.”
“I”m not surprised,” Alzner said. “No, I’m just kidding. It feels unbelievable.”
Caps owner Ted Leonsis is known for being one of the most accessible in the NHL, if not sports. He provided this honest and interesting account of the series.
“This certainly was the best, most competitive series since I’ve owned the team,” Leonsis said.
Leonsis isn’t being hyperbolic. After all, this is one of the most competitive series – at least statistically – in NHL history.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)