Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
After hearing Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis shoot from the hip about a lot of nagging issues yesterday, one curious topic was about Cody Hodgson. Gillis spoke openly about Hodgson’s situation in Vancouver and the reason why he was sent to Buffalo.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier would like to remind everyone that he’s perfectly happy with Hodgson and he’s better off in Buffalo anyhow as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reminds us.
“It’s exciting because Cody Hodgson has been a good addition, is going fit in very well with a group of players,” Regier said, “not just the team as a whole but even a younger subset whether it’s Tyler Myers, [Tyler] Ennis, [Drew] Stafford, and I think that that is a positive.”
It’s a deal Canucks fans aren’t likely to let anyone forget about, especially if Hodgson lives up to his potential with the Sabres. Canucks faithful aren’t easy people to please but if Zack Kassian turns into Vancouver’s version of Milan Lucic in the future, they won’t even remember who Cody Hodgson was. Then again if he doesn’t… Well, let’s just not go there.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30