Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
After hearing Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis shoot from the hip about a lot of nagging issues yesterday, one curious topic was about Cody Hodgson. Gillis spoke openly about Hodgson’s situation in Vancouver and the reason why he was sent to Buffalo.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier would like to remind everyone that he’s perfectly happy with Hodgson and he’s better off in Buffalo anyhow as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reminds us.
“It’s exciting because Cody Hodgson has been a good addition, is going fit in very well with a group of players,” Regier said, “not just the team as a whole but even a younger subset whether it’s Tyler Myers, [Tyler] Ennis, [Drew] Stafford, and I think that that is a positive.”
It’s a deal Canucks fans aren’t likely to let anyone forget about, especially if Hodgson lives up to his potential with the Sabres. Canucks faithful aren’t easy people to please but if Zack Kassian turns into Vancouver’s version of Milan Lucic in the future, they won’t even remember who Cody Hodgson was. Then again if he doesn’t… Well, let’s just not go there.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)