Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
After hearing Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis shoot from the hip about a lot of nagging issues yesterday, one curious topic was about Cody Hodgson. Gillis spoke openly about Hodgson’s situation in Vancouver and the reason why he was sent to Buffalo.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier would like to remind everyone that he’s perfectly happy with Hodgson and he’s better off in Buffalo anyhow as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reminds us.
“It’s exciting because Cody Hodgson has been a good addition, is going fit in very well with a group of players,” Regier said, “not just the team as a whole but even a younger subset whether it’s Tyler Myers, [Tyler] Ennis, [Drew] Stafford, and I think that that is a positive.”
It’s a deal Canucks fans aren’t likely to let anyone forget about, especially if Hodgson lives up to his potential with the Sabres. Canucks faithful aren’t easy people to please but if Zack Kassian turns into Vancouver’s version of Milan Lucic in the future, they won’t even remember who Cody Hodgson was. Then again if he doesn’t… Well, let’s just not go there.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5