Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
After hearing Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis shoot from the hip about a lot of nagging issues yesterday, one curious topic was about Cody Hodgson. Gillis spoke openly about Hodgson’s situation in Vancouver and the reason why he was sent to Buffalo.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier would like to remind everyone that he’s perfectly happy with Hodgson and he’s better off in Buffalo anyhow as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reminds us.
“It’s exciting because Cody Hodgson has been a good addition, is going fit in very well with a group of players,” Regier said, “not just the team as a whole but even a younger subset whether it’s Tyler Myers, [Tyler] Ennis, [Drew] Stafford, and I think that that is a positive.”
It’s a deal Canucks fans aren’t likely to let anyone forget about, especially if Hodgson lives up to his potential with the Sabres. Canucks faithful aren’t easy people to please but if Zack Kassian turns into Vancouver’s version of Milan Lucic in the future, they won’t even remember who Cody Hodgson was. Then again if he doesn’t… Well, let’s just not go there.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)