Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
After hearing Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis shoot from the hip about a lot of nagging issues yesterday, one curious topic was about Cody Hodgson. Gillis spoke openly about Hodgson’s situation in Vancouver and the reason why he was sent to Buffalo.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier would like to remind everyone that he’s perfectly happy with Hodgson and he’s better off in Buffalo anyhow as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reminds us.
“It’s exciting because Cody Hodgson has been a good addition, is going fit in very well with a group of players,” Regier said, “not just the team as a whole but even a younger subset whether it’s Tyler Myers, [Tyler] Ennis, [Drew] Stafford, and I think that that is a positive.”
It’s a deal Canucks fans aren’t likely to let anyone forget about, especially if Hodgson lives up to his potential with the Sabres. Canucks faithful aren’t easy people to please but if Zack Kassian turns into Vancouver’s version of Milan Lucic in the future, they won’t even remember who Cody Hodgson was. Then again if he doesn’t… Well, let’s just not go there.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 2
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 7
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 33
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)