Apr 25, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT
The Vancouver Sun’s Iain MacIntyre isn’t outright calling for Kesler to be shipped out; he’s just saying it’s “not as unthinkable as it once seemed, given the season Kesler had, a no-trade clause in his contract that kicks in before next season, and the potential benefits to the Canucks of a multi-player windfall and the renewal of their image.”
That last part about the Canucks’ image might be the most interesting after Vancouver’s first-round loss to the Kings in which Kesler’s alleged diving created a cottage industry in GIF creation (see below, our favorite is the ducklings one.)
But is it really possible Kesler could be traded? Probably not.
As The Province’s Ben Kuzma writes, quality centers are hard to find – just ask the Leafs – and not too many have a Selke Trophy on their resumes.
If anything, the Canucks need to add more centers, not trade them away.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)