Apr 25, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT
The Vancouver Sun’s Iain MacIntyre isn’t outright calling for Kesler to be shipped out; he’s just saying it’s “not as unthinkable as it once seemed, given the season Kesler had, a no-trade clause in his contract that kicks in before next season, and the potential benefits to the Canucks of a multi-player windfall and the renewal of their image.”
That last part about the Canucks’ image might be the most interesting after Vancouver’s first-round loss to the Kings in which Kesler’s alleged diving created a cottage industry in GIF creation (see below, our favorite is the ducklings one.)
But is it really possible Kesler could be traded? Probably not.
As The Province’s Ben Kuzma writes, quality centers are hard to find – just ask the Leafs – and not too many have a Selke Trophy on their resumes.
If anything, the Canucks need to add more centers, not trade them away.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13