Apr 25, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT
The Vancouver Sun’s Iain MacIntyre isn’t outright calling for Kesler to be shipped out; he’s just saying it’s “not as unthinkable as it once seemed, given the season Kesler had, a no-trade clause in his contract that kicks in before next season, and the potential benefits to the Canucks of a multi-player windfall and the renewal of their image.”
That last part about the Canucks’ image might be the most interesting after Vancouver’s first-round loss to the Kings in which Kesler’s alleged diving created a cottage industry in GIF creation (see below, our favorite is the ducklings one.)
But is it really possible Kesler could be traded? Probably not.
As The Province’s Ben Kuzma writes, quality centers are hard to find – just ask the Leafs – and not too many have a Selke Trophy on their resumes.
If anything, the Canucks need to add more centers, not trade them away.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63