You wouldn’t like Daniel Alfredsson when he’s angry

Apr 24, 2012, 11:45 AM EST

Daniel Alfredsson isn’t usually a guy you see get overly emotional on the ice. He plays the game hard in a seemingly mild-mannered way.

That wasn’t the case during last night’s Game 6 loss to the Rangers as Alfredsson blew his top on the Senators bench after taking a hit from Rangers forward John Mitchell. Check out Alfie’s carnage thanks to video from The Score.

A couple things to note here:

—- Check out Colin Greening‘s reaction to seeing a veteran and leader like Alfredsson blowing his top. Sheer terror.

—- Alfredsson giving the fatherly tap to Greening after finishing his tantrum as if to say, “It’s OK kid, I’m not mad at you. Don’t worry, I’ll take you out for an ice cream afterwards.”

—- It’s been a bad series for Gatorade containers. First Brandon Dubinsky trashing one in Game 2 and then Alfredsson slamming and stomping on his.

1. 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Greening was absolutely priceless there.

• 1337ryan - Apr 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM

The squirt to the eye made me lol.

2. bloggersarenotjournalists - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Stopped watching any vids posted here since you stick 32 second commercials in them.
    I can google the vid in less than 32 seconds and watch it without the advertising bullcrap

• homelanddefense - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I see this complaint alot, but I have never had a commercial on here, not once. Maybe its browser specific?

• bloggersarenotjournalists - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM

maybe that’s it

• homelanddefense - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM

haha. Love how I get thumbs down for this comment. I dont get ads, giving a reason why that is the case. Thumbs down. Ok

• stakex - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

This video does not have a commercial…………..

• bloggersarenotjournalists - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM

It sure does
        Molson Canadian

• homelanddefense - Apr 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM

yeah like I said earlier. No ad for me either

3. thehighcountrybear - Apr 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I wouldn’t like Alfredsson were he teaching Sunday school: his chief failing is he plays for another of Bettman’s anointed franchises.

All season long this team benefitted from a never ending series of late calls and non-calls; look at Neil’s performance on the ice on any given night; the guy’s a low-life goon incapable of taking a dose of his own medicine at anytime [ A hole supremo ]!

Ditto Alfredsson…it always has to be Daniel’s way or he pulls the big hissy!

Come on Rangers, it’s time these boring franchises got put away…

Looking forward to Phoenix v. Nashville, not me; I’m planning on alternatives like checking for eggs in the coop or going down to the general store to watch the meat slicer in action?

4. polegojim - Apr 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Alfy is a good guy… but he needs that edge ON THE ICE, not the bench.

Alfy = Way too ‘nice on the ice’. Get some dirt under those nails.

Better bring it in NY or he can throw tantrums ALL summer.. at home.

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches