Apr 24, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s hard to believe that Travis Zajac was limited to 15 regular season games because he certainly isn’t playing like a guy that only recently returned from a major injury.
Zajac scored the overtime winner in the New Jersey Devils’ 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, but that wasn’t the first time he’s made a difference in this series.
After six games, Zajac leads the Devils with three goals and three assists. He’s also been by far New Jersey’s best player on the draw and one of the NHL’s best players overall in terms of faceoff success rate.
Going into this series, Zajac hadn’t made a name for himself as a playoff hero, but that might change this time around. However, in order for that to happen, he’ll need to help his squad get by the Panthers in Game 7 on Thursday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5