Apr 24, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s hard to believe that Travis Zajac was limited to 15 regular season games because he certainly isn’t playing like a guy that only recently returned from a major injury.
Zajac scored the overtime winner in the New Jersey Devils’ 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, but that wasn’t the first time he’s made a difference in this series.
After six games, Zajac leads the Devils with three goals and three assists. He’s also been by far New Jersey’s best player on the draw and one of the NHL’s best players overall in terms of faceoff success rate.
Going into this series, Zajac hadn’t made a name for himself as a playoff hero, but that might change this time around. However, in order for that to happen, he’ll need to help his squad get by the Panthers in Game 7 on Thursday.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63