Apr 24, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s hard to believe that Travis Zajac was limited to 15 regular season games because he certainly isn’t playing like a guy that only recently returned from a major injury.
Zajac scored the overtime winner in the New Jersey Devils’ 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, but that wasn’t the first time he’s made a difference in this series.
After six games, Zajac leads the Devils with three goals and three assists. He’s also been by far New Jersey’s best player on the draw and one of the NHL’s best players overall in terms of faceoff success rate.
Going into this series, Zajac hadn’t made a name for himself as a playoff hero, but that might change this time around. However, in order for that to happen, he’ll need to help his squad get by the Panthers in Game 7 on Thursday.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53