Apr 24, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s hard to believe that Travis Zajac was limited to 15 regular season games because he certainly isn’t playing like a guy that only recently returned from a major injury.
Zajac scored the overtime winner in the New Jersey Devils’ 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, but that wasn’t the first time he’s made a difference in this series.
After six games, Zajac leads the Devils with three goals and three assists. He’s also been by far New Jersey’s best player on the draw and one of the NHL’s best players overall in terms of faceoff success rate.
Going into this series, Zajac hadn’t made a name for himself as a playoff hero, but that might change this time around. However, in order for that to happen, he’ll need to help his squad get by the Panthers in Game 7 on Thursday.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)