Apr 24, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s hard to believe that Travis Zajac was limited to 15 regular season games because he certainly isn’t playing like a guy that only recently returned from a major injury.
Zajac scored the overtime winner in the New Jersey Devils’ 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, but that wasn’t the first time he’s made a difference in this series.
After six games, Zajac leads the Devils with three goals and three assists. He’s also been by far New Jersey’s best player on the draw and one of the NHL’s best players overall in terms of faceoff success rate.
Going into this series, Zajac hadn’t made a name for himself as a playoff hero, but that might change this time around. However, in order for that to happen, he’ll need to help his squad get by the Panthers in Game 7 on Thursday.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)