Apr 24, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Video evidence of the incident has been hard to come by. This replay shows Girardi reacting angrily with a fallen Michalek in the vicinity, but no conclusive evidence of a direct kick.
As the video states, Skinner was suspended two games for the action.
ESPN New York reported earlier today the league planned on reviewing the Michalek-Girardi incident while TSN’s Darren Dreger tweeted the following:
Dreger later said that, upon further consideration, there is a major difference between the two incidents: Skinner was reacting to a hit along the boards while Michalek was at the bottom of a pile.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)