Apr 24, 2012, 4:42 PM EST
Video evidence of the incident has been hard to come by. This replay shows Girardi reacting angrily with a fallen Michalek in the vicinity, but no conclusive evidence of a direct kick.
As the video states, Skinner was suspended two games for the action.
ESPN New York reported earlier today the league planned on reviewing the Michalek-Girardi incident while TSN’s Darren Dreger tweeted the following:
Dreger later said that, upon further consideration, there is a major difference between the two incidents: Skinner was reacting to a hit along the boards while Michalek was at the bottom of a pile.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2