Apr 24, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Video evidence of the incident has been hard to come by. This replay shows Girardi reacting angrily with a fallen Michalek in the vicinity, but no conclusive evidence of a direct kick.
As the video states, Skinner was suspended two games for the action.
ESPN New York reported earlier today the league planned on reviewing the Michalek-Girardi incident while TSN’s Darren Dreger tweeted the following:
Dreger later said that, upon further consideration, there is a major difference between the two incidents: Skinner was reacting to a hit along the boards while Michalek was at the bottom of a pile.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)