Apr 24, 2012, 11:16 PM EST
The Western Conference series were all pretty one-sided, but the east will provide us with three Game 7s over the next two days. Which begs the question: which one are you looking forward to the most? Here’s a quick preview of each game:
The New York Rangers vs the Ottawa Senators – This looked like the most lopsided series going into the playoffs. It was an accomplishment for the Senators to even make it to the first round and after Daniel Alfredsson suffered a concussion in Game 2, things looked even grimmer for Ottawa. Still, the Senators have matched the Rangers blow-for-blow in this series and it’s entirely possible that neither of the first seeds will survive the opening round.
The Boston Bruins vs the Washington Capitals – Goaltender Braden Holtby has really made himself the story of this series. He had almost no NHL experience going into the playoffs and was only starting because of injuries to Tomas Vokoun and Michal Neuvirth. However, Holtby has risen to the occasion and has looked just as good or better than Tim Thomas. The question now is if he can steal one more game for the Capitals or if the defending champion Bruins will extend their season.
The Florida Panthers vs the New Jersey Devils – No matter what happens in Game 7, we’re going to see a team advance to the second round for the first time in years. Of course, for Florida the wait has been much longer. Until this season, the Panthers hadn’t even made the playoffs since 2000. Depending on the outcome of this game, we might be getting out last glimpse of Zach Parise in a Devils’ uniform and Martin Brodeur.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)