Apr 24, 2012, 12:08 PM EDT
Now that the three finalists for GM of the Year have been announced, it’s your turn to vote on who should win.
Unfortunately, your vote won’t count, as the winner’s actually decided by a panel consisting of all 30 NHL general managers, plus five league executive and five members of the media.
But clicking on polls is fun, so just do it.
The candidates to succeed Mike Gillis of the Vancouver Canucks:
David Poile, Nashville Predators
Signed Pekka Rinne. Traded for Andrei Kostitsyn, Paul Gaustad and Hal Gill. Brought back Alexander Radulov from Russia. If the Preds beat Phoenix, they’ll advance to the Western Conference finals for the first time in franchise history.
Doug Armstrong, St. Louis Blues
Fired Davis Payne and hired Ken Hitchcock, the favorite to win coach of the year. Picked goalie Brian Elliott off the scrapheap and watched him start 36 games and finish with a GAA of 1.56. Added veterans like Jason Arnott and Jamie Langenbrunner to complement a young lineup.
Dale Tallon, Florida Panthers
Was forced to spend/commit millions over the summer to get above the salary cap floor. Which sounds easy in theory, but when everyone else knows it, it’s hard to get very good deals. Among his moves that are paying dividends in the playoffs, Tallon traded for Brian Campbell and the defenseman’s enormous contract; he acquired Kris Versteeg from Philadelphia; he signed Tomas Fleischmann, Sean Bergenheim, Scottie Upshall, and Marcel Goc; and he acquired Mikael Samuelsson from Vancouver while unloading David Booth’s big contract.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)