Apr 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Since the Flyers are the one team that’s booked their spot in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, they’re sitting at home waiting to see who they’ll play next. The tough part of the job for coach Peter Laviolette is that he can’t exactly prepare for anyone since the Flyers could face any of the remaining six teams.
As for Laviolette, he isn’t worried about who they’ll play next or where they’re headed when the second round starts as NHL.com’s Dan Rosen shares.
“The cards are going to fall, one way or the other, somewhere,” Laviolette said Monday from the Flyers’ practice facility in Voorhees, N.J. “They’re going to tell us we’re going somewhere or we’re playing somebody. Regardless, we’ll be ready.”
If you’re doubting Laviolette’s ability to pull things together at this point, you haven’t been paying attention to the work he’s done in Philly.
While the Panthers could finish off the Devils tonight in Game 6 of their series, that still doesn’t clear anything up as the Panthers are the third seed in the East. Laviolette won’t mind having to put a little extra work in to prepare.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)