Apr 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Since the Flyers are the one team that’s booked their spot in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, they’re sitting at home waiting to see who they’ll play next. The tough part of the job for coach Peter Laviolette is that he can’t exactly prepare for anyone since the Flyers could face any of the remaining six teams.
As for Laviolette, he isn’t worried about who they’ll play next or where they’re headed when the second round starts as NHL.com’s Dan Rosen shares.
“The cards are going to fall, one way or the other, somewhere,” Laviolette said Monday from the Flyers’ practice facility in Voorhees, N.J. “They’re going to tell us we’re going somewhere or we’re playing somebody. Regardless, we’ll be ready.”
If you’re doubting Laviolette’s ability to pull things together at this point, you haven’t been paying attention to the work he’s done in Philly.
While the Panthers could finish off the Devils tonight in Game 6 of their series, that still doesn’t clear anything up as the Panthers are the third seed in the East. Laviolette won’t mind having to put a little extra work in to prepare.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)