Apr 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EST
Since the Flyers are the one team that’s booked their spot in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, they’re sitting at home waiting to see who they’ll play next. The tough part of the job for coach Peter Laviolette is that he can’t exactly prepare for anyone since the Flyers could face any of the remaining six teams.
As for Laviolette, he isn’t worried about who they’ll play next or where they’re headed when the second round starts as NHL.com’s Dan Rosen shares.
“The cards are going to fall, one way or the other, somewhere,” Laviolette said Monday from the Flyers’ practice facility in Voorhees, N.J. “They’re going to tell us we’re going somewhere or we’re playing somebody. Regardless, we’ll be ready.”
If you’re doubting Laviolette’s ability to pull things together at this point, you haven’t been paying attention to the work he’s done in Philly.
While the Panthers could finish off the Devils tonight in Game 6 of their series, that still doesn’t clear anything up as the Panthers are the third seed in the East. Laviolette won’t mind having to put a little extra work in to prepare.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 46
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 32
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 6
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (132)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (111)