Apr 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EST
Since the Flyers are the one team that’s booked their spot in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, they’re sitting at home waiting to see who they’ll play next. The tough part of the job for coach Peter Laviolette is that he can’t exactly prepare for anyone since the Flyers could face any of the remaining six teams.
As for Laviolette, he isn’t worried about who they’ll play next or where they’re headed when the second round starts as NHL.com’s Dan Rosen shares.
“The cards are going to fall, one way or the other, somewhere,” Laviolette said Monday from the Flyers’ practice facility in Voorhees, N.J. “They’re going to tell us we’re going somewhere or we’re playing somebody. Regardless, we’ll be ready.”
If you’re doubting Laviolette’s ability to pull things together at this point, you haven’t been paying attention to the work he’s done in Philly.
While the Panthers could finish off the Devils tonight in Game 6 of their series, that still doesn’t clear anything up as the Panthers are the third seed in the East. Laviolette won’t mind having to put a little extra work in to prepare.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)