Apr 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Since the Flyers are the one team that’s booked their spot in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, they’re sitting at home waiting to see who they’ll play next. The tough part of the job for coach Peter Laviolette is that he can’t exactly prepare for anyone since the Flyers could face any of the remaining six teams.
As for Laviolette, he isn’t worried about who they’ll play next or where they’re headed when the second round starts as NHL.com’s Dan Rosen shares.
“The cards are going to fall, one way or the other, somewhere,” Laviolette said Monday from the Flyers’ practice facility in Voorhees, N.J. “They’re going to tell us we’re going somewhere or we’re playing somebody. Regardless, we’ll be ready.”
If you’re doubting Laviolette’s ability to pull things together at this point, you haven’t been paying attention to the work he’s done in Philly.
While the Panthers could finish off the Devils tonight in Game 6 of their series, that still doesn’t clear anything up as the Panthers are the third seed in the East. Laviolette won’t mind having to put a little extra work in to prepare.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)