Apr 24, 2012, 2:29 PM EST
Apparently Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark is one of those public figures that isn’t afraid to fire back at critics on Twitter.
In fact, he’s not afraid to fire back and be pretty mean about it.
A little background first:
Yesterday, Yormark announced via Twitter (@PanthersYormark) that the Panthers would no longer be selling rubber rats at home games, blaming the moratorium on visiting New Jersey Devils fans who he accused of throwing rats on the ice in hopes of earning the home team a penalty.
The announcement drew its share of criticism from fans of both teams, criticism that Yormark didn’t take too kindly to.
To one critic, Yorkark replied, “you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.”
To another, he simply said, “get off twitter.”
At last glance, Yormark had 2,892 followers. Which while greater than 70, isn’t very many at all.
(H/T The Star-Ledger)
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)