Apr 24, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Apparently Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark is one of those public figures that isn’t afraid to fire back at critics on Twitter.
In fact, he’s not afraid to fire back and be pretty mean about it.
A little background first:
Yesterday, Yormark announced via Twitter (@PanthersYormark) that the Panthers would no longer be selling rubber rats at home games, blaming the moratorium on visiting New Jersey Devils fans who he accused of throwing rats on the ice in hopes of earning the home team a penalty.
The announcement drew its share of criticism from fans of both teams, criticism that Yormark didn’t take too kindly to.
To one critic, Yorkark replied, “you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.”
To another, he simply said, “get off twitter.”
At last glance, Yormark had 2,892 followers. Which while greater than 70, isn’t very many at all.
(H/T The Star-Ledger)
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)