Apr 24, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Apparently Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark is one of those public figures that isn’t afraid to fire back at critics on Twitter.
In fact, he’s not afraid to fire back and be pretty mean about it.
A little background first:
Yesterday, Yormark announced via Twitter (@PanthersYormark) that the Panthers would no longer be selling rubber rats at home games, blaming the moratorium on visiting New Jersey Devils fans who he accused of throwing rats on the ice in hopes of earning the home team a penalty.
The announcement drew its share of criticism from fans of both teams, criticism that Yormark didn’t take too kindly to.
To one critic, Yorkark replied, “you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.”
To another, he simply said, “get off twitter.”
At last glance, Yormark had 2,892 followers. Which while greater than 70, isn’t very many at all.
(H/T The Star-Ledger)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)