Apr 24, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Apparently Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark is one of those public figures that isn’t afraid to fire back at critics on Twitter.
In fact, he’s not afraid to fire back and be pretty mean about it.
A little background first:
Yesterday, Yormark announced via Twitter (@PanthersYormark) that the Panthers would no longer be selling rubber rats at home games, blaming the moratorium on visiting New Jersey Devils fans who he accused of throwing rats on the ice in hopes of earning the home team a penalty.
The announcement drew its share of criticism from fans of both teams, criticism that Yormark didn’t take too kindly to.
To one critic, Yorkark replied, “you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.”
To another, he simply said, “get off twitter.”
At last glance, Yormark had 2,892 followers. Which while greater than 70, isn’t very many at all.
(H/T The Star-Ledger)
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63