Apr 24, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Apparently Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark is one of those public figures that isn’t afraid to fire back at critics on Twitter.
In fact, he’s not afraid to fire back and be pretty mean about it.
A little background first:
Yesterday, Yormark announced via Twitter (@PanthersYormark) that the Panthers would no longer be selling rubber rats at home games, blaming the moratorium on visiting New Jersey Devils fans who he accused of throwing rats on the ice in hopes of earning the home team a penalty.
The announcement drew its share of criticism from fans of both teams, criticism that Yormark didn’t take too kindly to.
To one critic, Yorkark replied, “you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.”
To another, he simply said, “get off twitter.”
At last glance, Yormark had 2,892 followers. Which while greater than 70, isn’t very many at all.
(H/T The Star-Ledger)
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 8
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)