Apr 24, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Scott Clemmensen made some mistakes, but he was probably the best goaltender on the ice tonight. However, that wasn’t enough as the New Jersey Devils earned a 3-2 overtime victory over the Florida Panthers. Unlike the Western Conference, where only one series even went to six games, three of the four Eastern Conference series will feature a Game 7.
- Here’s a bizarre fact, this is the first time in this series that neither team took a 3-0 lead.
- The Panthers were certainly economical with their shots on goal through 40 minutes. They were outshot 29-10 through two periods, but still went into the third tied 2-2.
- Brian Campbell has been remarkably good when it comes to staying out of the sin bin, but with his team already down a man, he accidentally committed a delay of game penalty. Fortunately for Campbell, the Devils were anemic in that power-play attempt.
- There’s going to be lots of talk about how long the Florida Panthers have waited to win a playoff series, but if the Devils survive Game 7, then it’ll be their first series win since 2007.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63