Apr 24, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Scott Clemmensen made some mistakes, but he was probably the best goaltender on the ice tonight. However, that wasn’t enough as the New Jersey Devils earned a 3-2 overtime victory over the Florida Panthers. Unlike the Western Conference, where only one series even went to six games, three of the four Eastern Conference series will feature a Game 7.
- Here’s a bizarre fact, this is the first time in this series that neither team took a 3-0 lead.
- The Panthers were certainly economical with their shots on goal through 40 minutes. They were outshot 29-10 through two periods, but still went into the third tied 2-2.
- Brian Campbell has been remarkably good when it comes to staying out of the sin bin, but with his team already down a man, he accidentally committed a delay of game penalty. Fortunately for Campbell, the Devils were anemic in that power-play attempt.
- There’s going to be lots of talk about how long the Florida Panthers have waited to win a playoff series, but if the Devils survive Game 7, then it’ll be their first series win since 2007.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)