Apr 24, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Scott Clemmensen made some mistakes, but he was probably the best goaltender on the ice tonight. However, that wasn’t enough as the New Jersey Devils earned a 3-2 overtime victory over the Florida Panthers. Unlike the Western Conference, where only one series even went to six games, three of the four Eastern Conference series will feature a Game 7.
- Here’s a bizarre fact, this is the first time in this series that neither team took a 3-0 lead.
- The Panthers were certainly economical with their shots on goal through 40 minutes. They were outshot 29-10 through two periods, but still went into the third tied 2-2.
- Brian Campbell has been remarkably good when it comes to staying out of the sin bin, but with his team already down a man, he accidentally committed a delay of game penalty. Fortunately for Campbell, the Devils were anemic in that power-play attempt.
- There’s going to be lots of talk about how long the Florida Panthers have waited to win a playoff series, but if the Devils survive Game 7, then it’ll be their first series win since 2007.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)