Apr 24, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Scott Clemmensen made some mistakes, but he was probably the best goaltender on the ice tonight. However, that wasn’t enough as the New Jersey Devils earned a 3-2 overtime victory over the Florida Panthers. Unlike the Western Conference, where only one series even went to six games, three of the four Eastern Conference series will feature a Game 7.
- Here’s a bizarre fact, this is the first time in this series that neither team took a 3-0 lead.
- The Panthers were certainly economical with their shots on goal through 40 minutes. They were outshot 29-10 through two periods, but still went into the third tied 2-2.
- Brian Campbell has been remarkably good when it comes to staying out of the sin bin, but with his team already down a man, he accidentally committed a delay of game penalty. Fortunately for Campbell, the Devils were anemic in that power-play attempt.
- There’s going to be lots of talk about how long the Florida Panthers have waited to win a playoff series, but if the Devils survive Game 7, then it’ll be their first series win since 2007.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 6
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 49
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)