Apr 24, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
Scott Clemmensen made some mistakes, but he was probably the best goaltender on the ice tonight. However, that wasn’t enough as the New Jersey Devils earned a 3-2 overtime victory over the Florida Panthers. Unlike the Western Conference, where only one series even went to six games, three of the four Eastern Conference series will feature a Game 7.
- Here’s a bizarre fact, this is the first time in this series that neither team took a 3-0 lead.
- The Panthers were certainly economical with their shots on goal through 40 minutes. They were outshot 29-10 through two periods, but still went into the third tied 2-2.
- Brian Campbell has been remarkably good when it comes to staying out of the sin bin, but with his team already down a man, he accidentally committed a delay of game penalty. Fortunately for Campbell, the Devils were anemic in that power-play attempt.
- There’s going to be lots of talk about how long the Florida Panthers have waited to win a playoff series, but if the Devils survive Game 7, then it’ll be their first series win since 2007.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)