Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
“I’m sure I’ll catch him with his head down one of these times,” Neil said in reference to Del Zotto.
That sounds an awful lot like a threat and given the warranted sensitivity regarding concussions, it’s a particularly bad one to issue. Who knows what kind of punishment will be given to Neil for that – and won’t it just please Senators fans if Neil gets punished, but not Del Zotto – but at the very least he’ll be under intense scrutiny. If Neil actually makes contact with Del Zotto’s head during Game 7 on Thursday after issuing that statement, then the league will have all the cover they need to throw the book at him.
That’s of course assuming that both of them are allowed to play in Game 7, which right now doesn’t seem like a certainty.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)