Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
“I’m sure I’ll catch him with his head down one of these times,” Neil said in reference to Del Zotto.
That sounds an awful lot like a threat and given the warranted sensitivity regarding concussions, it’s a particularly bad one to issue. Who knows what kind of punishment will be given to Neil for that – and won’t it just please Senators fans if Neil gets punished, but not Del Zotto – but at the very least he’ll be under intense scrutiny. If Neil actually makes contact with Del Zotto’s head during Game 7 on Thursday after issuing that statement, then the league will have all the cover they need to throw the book at him.
That’s of course assuming that both of them are allowed to play in Game 7, which right now doesn’t seem like a certainty.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)