Apr 23, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Chris Kreider didn’t contribute to the New York Rangers getting the first seed – in fact he’s only about a week removed from his NHL debut – but with one shot he changed the course of their postseason run. Kreider netted his first career goal on Monday and thanks to Ottawa Senators’ late – and some would say controversial – goal, it proved to be the game-winner in the Rangers’ 3-2 victory. You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kreider, who recently won a national championship with Boston College, has helped the Rangers stay alive for another couple of days and force a Game 7.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5