Apr 23, 2012, 10:15 PM EST
Chris Kreider didn’t contribute to the New York Rangers getting the first seed – in fact he’s only about a week removed from his NHL debut – but with one shot he changed the course of their postseason run. Kreider netted his first career goal on Monday and thanks to Ottawa Senators’ late – and some would say controversial – goal, it proved to be the game-winner in the Rangers’ 3-2 victory. You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kreider, who recently won a national championship with Boston College, has helped the Rangers stay alive for another couple of days and force a Game 7.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3