Ken Hitchcock has some unorthdox views on playoff re-seeding

Apr 23, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT

From Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

source:

Full marks to Hitch for pushing the “no, no, WE’RE the underdog” narrative, but this is a stretch.

That said, I do like it when people punctuate something that’s clearly false with “c’mon, everyone knows that” — it’s the ultimate sales job. I once convinced a buddy that Sting used to be in The Rolling Stones using that technique.

1. dallasstars9 - Apr 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I don’t know if this has anything to do with re-seeding. Now that the Kings have taken out the President Trophy winner they aren’t going to surprise anyone, the target will be on their backs. The Kings had 82 games to earn the number one seed, just winning 4 doesn’t give them that honor.

2. mickeyb21 - Apr 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I think this is his way of saying that the Blues are not taking the Kings lightly. Also telling the press not to expect a walk-over of a no. 8 seed. I see no problem with it. It will be a long and hard fought series.

3. howiehandles - Apr 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Should be a fun series. Similar teams, in both have very strong tenders, strong defensively, and are very physical.

• oside760 - Apr 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM

but the kings are better

4. 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Apr 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I think that says more about your buddy than that technique.

5. oside760 - Apr 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM

kings are gonna dominate. hitchcock is scared. nuff said

6. maalea - Apr 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I love Hitch.

To paraphase hannibal lecter

The NHL is a more interesting place with him in it.

• mediatedviscera - Apr 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Truer words were never spoken…there are a ton of quote machines coaching in the NHL today (and they are good coaches to boot.) Hitch, Lavy, Torts, we just need to bring Pat Burns and Roger Neilson back from the “beyond” and find Keenan and Quinn jobs where they don’t need muzzles.

7. vshehane - Apr 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I don’t think Hitchcock is scared. This part of his shtick.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches