Apr 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EST
It’s doubtful you’d ever think of Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews as a cerebral assassin of sorts.
Intense? Yes. Deadly serious? Absolutely. Psychological mastermind? Perhaps he is.
Toews tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers he knows his team is putting the Phoenix Coyotes in an uncomfortable spot by forcing a Game 6.
“You can imagine the feeling they have now; they didn’t want to come back to Chicago, they wanted to end it there,” Jonathan Toews said about the Coyotes. “Any time we can keep pushing it to another game, they’re getting that feeling it’s theirs to lose. We’re trying to put the pressure on them and playing hard. We want to do that again [Monday] night, just like we did last game.”
The longer a series goes, the more the pressure increases for the team that had the advantage and the Coyotes are no different. Helping to exaggerate that pressure is the fact the Coyotes, since calling the desert home, have never advanced past the first round of the playoffs.
With Andrew Shaw returning from his suspension tonight, the Blackhawks hope they’ll have a bit more ammunition on their side to force a Game 7.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 40
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 5
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 16
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 56
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (56)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (40)