Apr 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
It’s doubtful you’d ever think of Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews as a cerebral assassin of sorts.
Intense? Yes. Deadly serious? Absolutely. Psychological mastermind? Perhaps he is.
Toews tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers he knows his team is putting the Phoenix Coyotes in an uncomfortable spot by forcing a Game 6.
“You can imagine the feeling they have now; they didn’t want to come back to Chicago, they wanted to end it there,” Jonathan Toews said about the Coyotes. “Any time we can keep pushing it to another game, they’re getting that feeling it’s theirs to lose. We’re trying to put the pressure on them and playing hard. We want to do that again [Monday] night, just like we did last game.”
The longer a series goes, the more the pressure increases for the team that had the advantage and the Coyotes are no different. Helping to exaggerate that pressure is the fact the Coyotes, since calling the desert home, have never advanced past the first round of the playoffs.
With Andrew Shaw returning from his suspension tonight, the Blackhawks hope they’ll have a bit more ammunition on their side to force a Game 7.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)