Apr 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EST
It’s doubtful you’d ever think of Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews as a cerebral assassin of sorts.
Intense? Yes. Deadly serious? Absolutely. Psychological mastermind? Perhaps he is.
Toews tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers he knows his team is putting the Phoenix Coyotes in an uncomfortable spot by forcing a Game 6.
“You can imagine the feeling they have now; they didn’t want to come back to Chicago, they wanted to end it there,” Jonathan Toews said about the Coyotes. “Any time we can keep pushing it to another game, they’re getting that feeling it’s theirs to lose. We’re trying to put the pressure on them and playing hard. We want to do that again [Monday] night, just like we did last game.”
The longer a series goes, the more the pressure increases for the team that had the advantage and the Coyotes are no different. Helping to exaggerate that pressure is the fact the Coyotes, since calling the desert home, have never advanced past the first round of the playoffs.
With Andrew Shaw returning from his suspension tonight, the Blackhawks hope they’ll have a bit more ammunition on their side to force a Game 7.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)