Apr 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
It’s doubtful you’d ever think of Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews as a cerebral assassin of sorts.
Intense? Yes. Deadly serious? Absolutely. Psychological mastermind? Perhaps he is.
Toews tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers he knows his team is putting the Phoenix Coyotes in an uncomfortable spot by forcing a Game 6.
“You can imagine the feeling they have now; they didn’t want to come back to Chicago, they wanted to end it there,” Jonathan Toews said about the Coyotes. “Any time we can keep pushing it to another game, they’re getting that feeling it’s theirs to lose. We’re trying to put the pressure on them and playing hard. We want to do that again [Monday] night, just like we did last game.”
The longer a series goes, the more the pressure increases for the team that had the advantage and the Coyotes are no different. Helping to exaggerate that pressure is the fact the Coyotes, since calling the desert home, have never advanced past the first round of the playoffs.
With Andrew Shaw returning from his suspension tonight, the Blackhawks hope they’ll have a bit more ammunition on their side to force a Game 7.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (66)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)