Apr 23, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss his third straight game tonight, but he did pay a visit to his Blackhawks teammates this morning at the United Center.
There’s no official update on Hossa’s status; however, a Chicago Sun-Times source said the ‘Hawks star is feeling much better since being checked in the head by Coyotes forward Raffi Torres on Tuesday.
“It’s good to see him,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “I talked to him last night and (it’s good) seeing him here today. There’s no news, but I’m sure his teammates are glad to see him, as well.”
Chicago needs to beat Phoenix tonight in Game 6 then again Wednesday in Glendale or it’ll be a second consecutive first-round exit for the 2010 Stanley Cup champs.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)