Apr 23, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
Marian Hossa will miss his third straight game tonight, but he did pay a visit to his Blackhawks teammates this morning at the United Center.
There’s no official update on Hossa’s status; however, a Chicago Sun-Times source said the ‘Hawks star is feeling much better since being checked in the head by Coyotes forward Raffi Torres on Tuesday.
“It’s good to see him,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “I talked to him last night and (it’s good) seeing him here today. There’s no news, but I’m sure his teammates are glad to see him, as well.”
Chicago needs to beat Phoenix tonight in Game 6 then again Wednesday in Glendale or it’ll be a second consecutive first-round exit for the 2010 Stanley Cup champs.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 76
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2