Apr 23, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss his third straight game tonight, but he did pay a visit to his Blackhawks teammates this morning at the United Center.
There’s no official update on Hossa’s status; however, a Chicago Sun-Times source said the ‘Hawks star is feeling much better since being checked in the head by Coyotes forward Raffi Torres on Tuesday.
“It’s good to see him,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “I talked to him last night and (it’s good) seeing him here today. There’s no news, but I’m sure his teammates are glad to see him, as well.”
Chicago needs to beat Phoenix tonight in Game 6 then again Wednesday in Glendale or it’ll be a second consecutive first-round exit for the 2010 Stanley Cup champs.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)