Apr 23, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
Tyler Seguin hasn’t been much of a force for the Bruins in their first round series with Washington until yesterday. Seguin scored the game-winner in overtime to send the series to a seventh game. Struggling when you’re a big name kid in a city that desires a winner is hard.
Fortunately for Seguin he had his own personal guru in roommate Gregory Campbell. Campbell tells Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com that he’s happy to help take the pressure off a kid eager to do well in a tough town.
“Well, I’m not a motivational speaker,” said Campbell. “I’ve been roommates with him two years now and I’ve developed a relationship where I could tell that he was extremely disappointed [during the week]. He’s a star player. He’s going to be the face of the franchise sooner rather than later. He cares a lot and the growing pains have been there for the last two seasons.
“He put together a lot of points for us, but everybody expects so much out of him. He’s had a giant bear on his shoulders out there [in the playoffs].”
Who knew the Bruins got a part-time shrink when they got Campbell from Florida a few seasons ago. Now Boston will hope Seguin can keep the positive mojo rolling along into Wednesday night’s Game 7 as they try to defend the Stanley Cup.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)