Apr 23, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
Tyler Seguin hasn’t been much of a force for the Bruins in their first round series with Washington until yesterday. Seguin scored the game-winner in overtime to send the series to a seventh game. Struggling when you’re a big name kid in a city that desires a winner is hard.
Fortunately for Seguin he had his own personal guru in roommate Gregory Campbell. Campbell tells Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com that he’s happy to help take the pressure off a kid eager to do well in a tough town.
“Well, I’m not a motivational speaker,” said Campbell. “I’ve been roommates with him two years now and I’ve developed a relationship where I could tell that he was extremely disappointed [during the week]. He’s a star player. He’s going to be the face of the franchise sooner rather than later. He cares a lot and the growing pains have been there for the last two seasons.
“He put together a lot of points for us, but everybody expects so much out of him. He’s had a giant bear on his shoulders out there [in the playoffs].”
Who knew the Bruins got a part-time shrink when they got Campbell from Florida a few seasons ago. Now Boston will hope Seguin can keep the positive mojo rolling along into Wednesday night’s Game 7 as they try to defend the Stanley Cup.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 3
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)