Apr 23, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
Tyler Seguin hasn’t been much of a force for the Bruins in their first round series with Washington until yesterday. Seguin scored the game-winner in overtime to send the series to a seventh game. Struggling when you’re a big name kid in a city that desires a winner is hard.
Fortunately for Seguin he had his own personal guru in roommate Gregory Campbell. Campbell tells Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com that he’s happy to help take the pressure off a kid eager to do well in a tough town.
“Well, I’m not a motivational speaker,” said Campbell. “I’ve been roommates with him two years now and I’ve developed a relationship where I could tell that he was extremely disappointed [during the week]. He’s a star player. He’s going to be the face of the franchise sooner rather than later. He cares a lot and the growing pains have been there for the last two seasons.
“He put together a lot of points for us, but everybody expects so much out of him. He’s had a giant bear on his shoulders out there [in the playoffs].”
Who knew the Bruins got a part-time shrink when they got Campbell from Florida a few seasons ago. Now Boston will hope Seguin can keep the positive mojo rolling along into Wednesday night’s Game 7 as they try to defend the Stanley Cup.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)