Apr 23, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
Tyler Seguin hasn’t been much of a force for the Bruins in their first round series with Washington until yesterday. Seguin scored the game-winner in overtime to send the series to a seventh game. Struggling when you’re a big name kid in a city that desires a winner is hard.
Fortunately for Seguin he had his own personal guru in roommate Gregory Campbell. Campbell tells Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com that he’s happy to help take the pressure off a kid eager to do well in a tough town.
“Well, I’m not a motivational speaker,” said Campbell. “I’ve been roommates with him two years now and I’ve developed a relationship where I could tell that he was extremely disappointed [during the week]. He’s a star player. He’s going to be the face of the franchise sooner rather than later. He cares a lot and the growing pains have been there for the last two seasons.
“He put together a lot of points for us, but everybody expects so much out of him. He’s had a giant bear on his shoulders out there [in the playoffs].”
Who knew the Bruins got a part-time shrink when they got Campbell from Florida a few seasons ago. Now Boston will hope Seguin can keep the positive mojo rolling along into Wednesday night’s Game 7 as they try to defend the Stanley Cup.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)