Apr 23, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
Tyler Seguin hasn’t been much of a force for the Bruins in their first round series with Washington until yesterday. Seguin scored the game-winner in overtime to send the series to a seventh game. Struggling when you’re a big name kid in a city that desires a winner is hard.
Fortunately for Seguin he had his own personal guru in roommate Gregory Campbell. Campbell tells Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com that he’s happy to help take the pressure off a kid eager to do well in a tough town.
“Well, I’m not a motivational speaker,” said Campbell. “I’ve been roommates with him two years now and I’ve developed a relationship where I could tell that he was extremely disappointed [during the week]. He’s a star player. He’s going to be the face of the franchise sooner rather than later. He cares a lot and the growing pains have been there for the last two seasons.
“He put together a lot of points for us, but everybody expects so much out of him. He’s had a giant bear on his shoulders out there [in the playoffs].”
Who knew the Bruins got a part-time shrink when they got Campbell from Florida a few seasons ago. Now Boston will hope Seguin can keep the positive mojo rolling along into Wednesday night’s Game 7 as they try to defend the Stanley Cup.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (65)