Apr 23, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
You can never accuse Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson for not having a flair for the dramatic.
Alfredsson’s Ottawa team is on home ice tonight with a chance to finish off the top seeded New York Rangers and after missing the last three games with a concussion, Alfie will be in the lineup tonight to help his team try to end the series.
Alfredsson missed the last three games thanks to the elbow to the head he received from Rangers forward Carl Hagelin. Coincidentally enough, Hagelin will be back in the Rangers lineup tonight after serving his three-game suspension.
In the two games Alfredsson has played, he has a goal and no assists. The stats may not be there in that small sample size, but his presence is huge for Ottawa. Expect things to be even crazier in Kanata with Alfredsson back in action. A tough road for the Rangers just got that much more difficult.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62