Apr 23, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
You can never accuse Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson for not having a flair for the dramatic.
Alfredsson’s Ottawa team is on home ice tonight with a chance to finish off the top seeded New York Rangers and after missing the last three games with a concussion, Alfie will be in the lineup tonight to help his team try to end the series.
Alfredsson missed the last three games thanks to the elbow to the head he received from Rangers forward Carl Hagelin. Coincidentally enough, Hagelin will be back in the Rangers lineup tonight after serving his three-game suspension.
In the two games Alfredsson has played, he has a goal and no assists. The stats may not be there in that small sample size, but his presence is huge for Ottawa. Expect things to be even crazier in Kanata with Alfredsson back in action. A tough road for the Rangers just got that much more difficult.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)