Apr 23, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
You can never accuse Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson for not having a flair for the dramatic.
Alfredsson’s Ottawa team is on home ice tonight with a chance to finish off the top seeded New York Rangers and after missing the last three games with a concussion, Alfie will be in the lineup tonight to help his team try to end the series.
Alfredsson missed the last three games thanks to the elbow to the head he received from Rangers forward Carl Hagelin. Coincidentally enough, Hagelin will be back in the Rangers lineup tonight after serving his three-game suspension.
In the two games Alfredsson has played, he has a goal and no assists. The stats may not be there in that small sample size, but his presence is huge for Ottawa. Expect things to be even crazier in Kanata with Alfredsson back in action. A tough road for the Rangers just got that much more difficult.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)