Apr 22, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby probably didn’t expect his playoffs to end so soon, but the Flyers’ 5-1 win in Game 6 sent the Penguins home early for the summer.
In meeting with the media after the loss, Crosby was more level-headed than earlier in the series, when the Flyers frustrated him to no end. After going scoreless over the final two games of the series, Crosby told Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about what hurt the Pens most:
“I think we were ready heading into the playoffs, and then we get a tough start like that (0-3). It put us in a pretty big hole,” Crosby said.
Crosby said giving up three shorthanded goals didn’t help, either.
“You can’t afford to give up one, let alone three or four like we did.”
As for how Crosby played? Coach Dan Bylsma says he was proud of how his captain handled himself, as per CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
“The six games of this series were Crosby’s best six games since his [second] return,” Bylsma said.
“I felt all right. I think it was much tighter the last couple of games, and I probably didn’t get as many chances as I would have liked,” Crosby said. “That’s playoff hockey sometimes. You’ve got to find ways to create.”
As for the series, Crosby boiled things down succinctly.
“Yeah, that would pretty much sum it up – I would have liked to get more going the last couple of games.”
It’ll be a long summer for Sid and the Penguins — getting beat by one of his biggest rivals will give him a lot to chew on.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 104
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)