Apr 22, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
Sidney Crosby probably didn’t expect his playoffs to end so soon, but the Flyers’ 5-1 win in Game 6 sent the Penguins home early for the summer.
In meeting with the media after the loss, Crosby was more level-headed than earlier in the series, when the Flyers frustrated him to no end. After going scoreless over the final two games of the series, Crosby told Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about what hurt the Pens most:
“I think we were ready heading into the playoffs, and then we get a tough start like that (0-3). It put us in a pretty big hole,” Crosby said.
Crosby said giving up three shorthanded goals didn’t help, either.
“You can’t afford to give up one, let alone three or four like we did.”
As for how Crosby played? Coach Dan Bylsma says he was proud of how his captain handled himself, as per CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
“The six games of this series were Crosby’s best six games since his [second] return,” Bylsma said.
“I felt all right. I think it was much tighter the last couple of games, and I probably didn’t get as many chances as I would have liked,” Crosby said. “That’s playoff hockey sometimes. You’ve got to find ways to create.”
As for the series, Crosby boiled things down succinctly.
“Yeah, that would pretty much sum it up – I would have liked to get more going the last couple of games.”
It’ll be a long summer for Sid and the Penguins — getting beat by one of his biggest rivals will give him a lot to chew on.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54