Apr 22, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
While the Phoenix Coyotes look to advance to the second round of the playoffs past the Chicago Blackhawks, the talks to try and sell the team continue to roll slowly along. Potential buyer, former Sharks vice president, Greg Jamison is doing his best to keep things calm regarding the situation.
Jamison tells Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic that things are continuing to be worked on and he’s doing his best to make sure the Coyotes stay in the desert.
“We’re working at it,” Jamison told The Republic just moments before the Coyotes game on Saturday. “There’s been progress made. We are optimistic that this can get done, but this is not a guarantee that this can get done.”
Keeping things cool is for the best as the future of the team in the desert is perhaps at its most unclear state since moving to Glendale. With talk of the NHL not being eager to let this situation fester much longer to the City of Glendale’s budgetary problems potentially getting in the way, the team is under the gun to get sold if they’re going to stick around.
When comparing Jamison to past interested buyers, taking the low-profile way about things might be for the best as it keeps attention away from the team concerning the situation. If the Coyotes move on in the playoffs, they might owe Jamison a debt of gratitude for keeping the vultures away.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)