Apr 22, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
While the Phoenix Coyotes look to advance to the second round of the playoffs past the Chicago Blackhawks, the talks to try and sell the team continue to roll slowly along. Potential buyer, former Sharks vice president, Greg Jamison is doing his best to keep things calm regarding the situation.
Jamison tells Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic that things are continuing to be worked on and he’s doing his best to make sure the Coyotes stay in the desert.
“We’re working at it,” Jamison told The Republic just moments before the Coyotes game on Saturday. “There’s been progress made. We are optimistic that this can get done, but this is not a guarantee that this can get done.”
Keeping things cool is for the best as the future of the team in the desert is perhaps at its most unclear state since moving to Glendale. With talk of the NHL not being eager to let this situation fester much longer to the City of Glendale’s budgetary problems potentially getting in the way, the team is under the gun to get sold if they’re going to stick around.
When comparing Jamison to past interested buyers, taking the low-profile way about things might be for the best as it keeps attention away from the team concerning the situation. If the Coyotes move on in the playoffs, they might owe Jamison a debt of gratitude for keeping the vultures away.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)