Apr 22, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
While the Phoenix Coyotes look to advance to the second round of the playoffs past the Chicago Blackhawks, the talks to try and sell the team continue to roll slowly along. Potential buyer, former Sharks vice president, Greg Jamison is doing his best to keep things calm regarding the situation.
Jamison tells Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic that things are continuing to be worked on and he’s doing his best to make sure the Coyotes stay in the desert.
“We’re working at it,” Jamison told The Republic just moments before the Coyotes game on Saturday. “There’s been progress made. We are optimistic that this can get done, but this is not a guarantee that this can get done.”
Keeping things cool is for the best as the future of the team in the desert is perhaps at its most unclear state since moving to Glendale. With talk of the NHL not being eager to let this situation fester much longer to the City of Glendale’s budgetary problems potentially getting in the way, the team is under the gun to get sold if they’re going to stick around.
When comparing Jamison to past interested buyers, taking the low-profile way about things might be for the best as it keeps attention away from the team concerning the situation. If the Coyotes move on in the playoffs, they might owe Jamison a debt of gratitude for keeping the vultures away.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)