Apr 22, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
While the Phoenix Coyotes look to advance to the second round of the playoffs past the Chicago Blackhawks, the talks to try and sell the team continue to roll slowly along. Potential buyer, former Sharks vice president, Greg Jamison is doing his best to keep things calm regarding the situation.
Jamison tells Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic that things are continuing to be worked on and he’s doing his best to make sure the Coyotes stay in the desert.
“We’re working at it,” Jamison told The Republic just moments before the Coyotes game on Saturday. “There’s been progress made. We are optimistic that this can get done, but this is not a guarantee that this can get done.”
Keeping things cool is for the best as the future of the team in the desert is perhaps at its most unclear state since moving to Glendale. With talk of the NHL not being eager to let this situation fester much longer to the City of Glendale’s budgetary problems potentially getting in the way, the team is under the gun to get sold if they’re going to stick around.
When comparing Jamison to past interested buyers, taking the low-profile way about things might be for the best as it keeps attention away from the team concerning the situation. If the Coyotes move on in the playoffs, they might owe Jamison a debt of gratitude for keeping the vultures away.
- Devils fire DeBoer 5
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 1
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 8
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)