Apr 22, 2012, 10:03 PM EST
If this were the regular season, Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks’ lineup would be flat-out understood. This is the playoffs, though, so it’s not (completely) crazy to wonder if he’d play despite logic arguing otherwise. Who knows if this might change as/if the postseason continues, but Chris Kuc reports that Hossa has been ruled out of Game 6.
In other lineup news, Kuc reports that Andrew Shaw will return to action, although it’s unclear who will be subbed out at this time.
The Blackhawks have fought through tough times without stars like Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, so at least they’re used to rolling with the punches. Chances are, there won’t be a large margin of error whether they win or not.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)