Apr 22, 2012, 10:03 PM EST
If this were the regular season, Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks’ lineup would be flat-out understood. This is the playoffs, though, so it’s not (completely) crazy to wonder if he’d play despite logic arguing otherwise. Who knows if this might change as/if the postseason continues, but Chris Kuc reports that Hossa has been ruled out of Game 6.
In other lineup news, Kuc reports that Andrew Shaw will return to action, although it’s unclear who will be subbed out at this time.
The Blackhawks have fought through tough times without stars like Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, so at least they’re used to rolling with the punches. Chances are, there won’t be a large margin of error whether they win or not.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)