Apr 22, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT
If this were the regular season, Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks’ lineup would be flat-out understood. This is the playoffs, though, so it’s not (completely) crazy to wonder if he’d play despite logic arguing otherwise. Who knows if this might change as/if the postseason continues, but Chris Kuc reports that Hossa has been ruled out of Game 6.
In other lineup news, Kuc reports that Andrew Shaw will return to action, although it’s unclear who will be subbed out at this time.
The Blackhawks have fought through tough times without stars like Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, so at least they’re used to rolling with the punches. Chances are, there won’t be a large margin of error whether they win or not.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)