Apr 22, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
The Bruins will be going with one familiar face and a pair of new ones as they look to stave off elimination in this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington.
Patrice Bergeron and Joe Corvo were both hurt in Game 5 and took the warm-up skate before the start of today’s game, but only Bergeron will be playing this afternoon. Corvo will sit out today’s game in favor of Mike Mottau on the blue line.
Meanwhile, Shawn Thornton is a surprising healthy scratch with youngster Jordan Caron taking his spot as the Bruins look for a bit more offense. Iffy decision? We’ll see if the Bruins live to play another day to debate that question.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)