Apr 22, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
The Bruins will be going with one familiar face and a pair of new ones as they look to stave off elimination in this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington.
Patrice Bergeron and Joe Corvo were both hurt in Game 5 and took the warm-up skate before the start of today’s game, but only Bergeron will be playing this afternoon. Corvo will sit out today’s game in favor of Mike Mottau on the blue line.
Meanwhile, Shawn Thornton is a surprising healthy scratch with youngster Jordan Caron taking his spot as the Bruins look for a bit more offense. Iffy decision? We’ll see if the Bruins live to play another day to debate that question.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)