Apr 22, 2012, 3:22 PM EST
The Bruins will be going with one familiar face and a pair of new ones as they look to stave off elimination in this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington.
Patrice Bergeron and Joe Corvo were both hurt in Game 5 and took the warm-up skate before the start of today’s game, but only Bergeron will be playing this afternoon. Corvo will sit out today’s game in favor of Mike Mottau on the blue line.
Meanwhile, Shawn Thornton is a surprising healthy scratch with youngster Jordan Caron taking his spot as the Bruins look for a bit more offense. Iffy decision? We’ll see if the Bruins live to play another day to debate that question.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)