Apr 22, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
The Bruins will be going with one familiar face and a pair of new ones as they look to stave off elimination in this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington.
Patrice Bergeron and Joe Corvo were both hurt in Game 5 and took the warm-up skate before the start of today’s game, but only Bergeron will be playing this afternoon. Corvo will sit out today’s game in favor of Mike Mottau on the blue line.
Meanwhile, Shawn Thornton is a surprising healthy scratch with youngster Jordan Caron taking his spot as the Bruins look for a bit more offense. Iffy decision? We’ll see if the Bruins live to play another day to debate that question.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)