Apr 22, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
The Bruins will be going with one familiar face and a pair of new ones as they look to stave off elimination in this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington.
Patrice Bergeron and Joe Corvo were both hurt in Game 5 and took the warm-up skate before the start of today’s game, but only Bergeron will be playing this afternoon. Corvo will sit out today’s game in favor of Mike Mottau on the blue line.
Meanwhile, Shawn Thornton is a surprising healthy scratch with youngster Jordan Caron taking his spot as the Bruins look for a bit more offense. Iffy decision? We’ll see if the Bruins live to play another day to debate that question.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5