Apr 22, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers defense deserves a lot of credit for containing the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday (Evgeni Malkin was the only player to score a point, let alone a goal), but Game 6 might also be a big confidence-booster for Ilya Bryzgalov. Considering the wild success of trapping strategies in just about every series except for the Pitt-Philly one, it’s reasonable to assume that the Flyers will need more from him as the playoffs go along.
“We’re going to live and die by Bryz,” Hartnell said. “If he plays anything like he did tonight, we’re going to keep moving on.”
Of course, that’s a pretty big if, as it seems like he was simply not as bad as Marc-Andre Fleury for most of the first round series.
Then again, you could argue that there might not be an offensive force quite like Pittsburgh left once the semifinals begin. So with all that in mind, tell us: will the Flyers live by the Bryz or die by the Bryz?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5