Apr 22, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
It’s not exactly as if Claude Giroux was some unknown entity coming into the Philadelphia Flyers’ first round match against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but after he broke a franchise record with 14 points in one series, it’s clear he’s one of the NHL’s biggest stars. He also has the feisty spirit to gain the appreciation of Flyers fans. Cameras caught Giroux smashing his stick after a Game 5 loss, but as this CSNPhilly.com video shows, it was the way he began Game 6 that really showed something.
CSNPhilly’s Sarah Baicker reports that Giroux also hyped up his first shift with teammates, so it was obvious that he had every intention of setting an early tone like he did. Scott Hartnell might have come away the most impressed, supplying this great quote to Mark Masters.
“G’s probably the biggest competitor that I have ever played with,” Hartnell.
Mike Richards is going to be a sad panda.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (100)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)