Apr 22, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
It’s not exactly as if Claude Giroux was some unknown entity coming into the Philadelphia Flyers’ first round match against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but after he broke a franchise record with 14 points in one series, it’s clear he’s one of the NHL’s biggest stars. He also has the feisty spirit to gain the appreciation of Flyers fans. Cameras caught Giroux smashing his stick after a Game 5 loss, but as this CSNPhilly.com video shows, it was the way he began Game 6 that really showed something.
CSNPhilly’s Sarah Baicker reports that Giroux also hyped up his first shift with teammates, so it was obvious that he had every intention of setting an early tone like he did. Scott Hartnell might have come away the most impressed, supplying this great quote to Mark Masters.
“G’s probably the biggest competitor that I have ever played with,” Hartnell.
Mike Richards is going to be a sad panda.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)