Apr 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
An up and down game with goals being traded back and forth was meant to go to overtime.
With the Bruins having their backs against the wall they responded by dominating the extra period and seeing Tyler Seguin make his first impact in the series a big one scoring the game-winning goal to give the Bruins a 4-3 win and force a Game 7 back in Boston.
As for some discussion points, here’s a few to hit up in the comments:
—- Alex Ovechkin didn’t dominate play, but picked a great moment to get the Caps back in the game scoring the game-tying goal in the third.
—- Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is a noted environmentalist and of course he would have a goal and an assist on Earth Day.
—- How good has Nicklas Backstrom looked in this series for the Caps? His faceoff win to set up Ovechkin’s goal in the third was reminiscent of Adam Oates.
—- Tyler Seguin seemed to find his niche in Game 6 playing like the offensive threat that he’s meant to be. They’ll need him to do that again in Game 7.
—- Don’t suppose people are feeling too bad for Brad Marchand and his theatrics costing the Bruins a goal, are they?
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 14
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29