Apr 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
An up and down game with goals being traded back and forth was meant to go to overtime.
With the Bruins having their backs against the wall they responded by dominating the extra period and seeing Tyler Seguin make his first impact in the series a big one scoring the game-winning goal to give the Bruins a 4-3 win and force a Game 7 back in Boston.
As for some discussion points, here’s a few to hit up in the comments:
—- Alex Ovechkin didn’t dominate play, but picked a great moment to get the Caps back in the game scoring the game-tying goal in the third.
—- Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is a noted environmentalist and of course he would have a goal and an assist on Earth Day.
—- How good has Nicklas Backstrom looked in this series for the Caps? His faceoff win to set up Ovechkin’s goal in the third was reminiscent of Adam Oates.
—- Tyler Seguin seemed to find his niche in Game 6 playing like the offensive threat that he’s meant to be. They’ll need him to do that again in Game 7.
—- Don’t suppose people are feeling too bad for Brad Marchand and his theatrics costing the Bruins a goal, are they?
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)