Apr 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
An up and down game with goals being traded back and forth was meant to go to overtime.
With the Bruins having their backs against the wall they responded by dominating the extra period and seeing Tyler Seguin make his first impact in the series a big one scoring the game-winning goal to give the Bruins a 4-3 win and force a Game 7 back in Boston.
As for some discussion points, here’s a few to hit up in the comments:
—- Alex Ovechkin didn’t dominate play, but picked a great moment to get the Caps back in the game scoring the game-tying goal in the third.
—- Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is a noted environmentalist and of course he would have a goal and an assist on Earth Day.
—- How good has Nicklas Backstrom looked in this series for the Caps? His faceoff win to set up Ovechkin’s goal in the third was reminiscent of Adam Oates.
—- Tyler Seguin seemed to find his niche in Game 6 playing like the offensive threat that he’s meant to be. They’ll need him to do that again in Game 7.
—- Don’t suppose people are feeling too bad for Brad Marchand and his theatrics costing the Bruins a goal, are they?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)