Apr 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
An up and down game with goals being traded back and forth was meant to go to overtime.
With the Bruins having their backs against the wall they responded by dominating the extra period and seeing Tyler Seguin make his first impact in the series a big one scoring the game-winning goal to give the Bruins a 4-3 win and force a Game 7 back in Boston.
As for some discussion points, here’s a few to hit up in the comments:
—- Alex Ovechkin didn’t dominate play, but picked a great moment to get the Caps back in the game scoring the game-tying goal in the third.
—- Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is a noted environmentalist and of course he would have a goal and an assist on Earth Day.
—- How good has Nicklas Backstrom looked in this series for the Caps? His faceoff win to set up Ovechkin’s goal in the third was reminiscent of Adam Oates.
—- Tyler Seguin seemed to find his niche in Game 6 playing like the offensive threat that he’s meant to be. They’ll need him to do that again in Game 7.
—- Don’t suppose people are feeling too bad for Brad Marchand and his theatrics costing the Bruins a goal, are they?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)