Apr 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
An up and down game with goals being traded back and forth was meant to go to overtime.
With the Bruins having their backs against the wall they responded by dominating the extra period and seeing Tyler Seguin make his first impact in the series a big one scoring the game-winning goal to give the Bruins a 4-3 win and force a Game 7 back in Boston.
As for some discussion points, here’s a few to hit up in the comments:
—- Alex Ovechkin didn’t dominate play, but picked a great moment to get the Caps back in the game scoring the game-tying goal in the third.
—- Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is a noted environmentalist and of course he would have a goal and an assist on Earth Day.
—- How good has Nicklas Backstrom looked in this series for the Caps? His faceoff win to set up Ovechkin’s goal in the third was reminiscent of Adam Oates.
—- Tyler Seguin seemed to find his niche in Game 6 playing like the offensive threat that he’s meant to be. They’ll need him to do that again in Game 7.
—- Don’t suppose people are feeling too bad for Brad Marchand and his theatrics costing the Bruins a goal, are they?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5