Apr 22, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien already has his hands full with trying to get his team to beat Caps goalie Braden Holtby. He might have bigger issues on his hands today trying to do that without a pair of starters.
Julien tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that forward Patrice Bergeron and defenseman Joe Corvo will take warmups before this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington. This comes after seeing both players suffer injuries in yesterday’s Game 5 with Bergeron dealing with an upper body injury and Corvo smarting after blocking a shot off his leg. Bergeron took a pair of hits to the head and saw his time greatly reduced in the third period.
If Bergeron can’t start today, Jordan Caron will get the call to take his place in the lineup while if Corvo can’t start, Mike Mottau or Andrew Bodnarchuk will take his spot on the blue line. If the Bruins were looking for their backs to be further against the wall, they might just get that should either or both guys be out.
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (76)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)