Apr 22, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien already has his hands full with trying to get his team to beat Caps goalie Braden Holtby. He might have bigger issues on his hands today trying to do that without a pair of starters.
Julien tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that forward Patrice Bergeron and defenseman Joe Corvo will take warmups before this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington. This comes after seeing both players suffer injuries in yesterday’s Game 5 with Bergeron dealing with an upper body injury and Corvo smarting after blocking a shot off his leg. Bergeron took a pair of hits to the head and saw his time greatly reduced in the third period.
If Bergeron can’t start today, Jordan Caron will get the call to take his place in the lineup while if Corvo can’t start, Mike Mottau or Andrew Bodnarchuk will take his spot on the blue line. If the Bruins were looking for their backs to be further against the wall, they might just get that should either or both guys be out.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)