Apr 22, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien already has his hands full with trying to get his team to beat Caps goalie Braden Holtby. He might have bigger issues on his hands today trying to do that without a pair of starters.
Julien tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that forward Patrice Bergeron and defenseman Joe Corvo will take warmups before this afternoon’s Game 6 in Washington. This comes after seeing both players suffer injuries in yesterday’s Game 5 with Bergeron dealing with an upper body injury and Corvo smarting after blocking a shot off his leg. Bergeron took a pair of hits to the head and saw his time greatly reduced in the third period.
If Bergeron can’t start today, Jordan Caron will get the call to take his place in the lineup while if Corvo can’t start, Mike Mottau or Andrew Bodnarchuk will take his spot on the blue line. If the Bruins were looking for their backs to be further against the wall, they might just get that should either or both guys be out.
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 0
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 5
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 48
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (48)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)