Apr 22, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Last we saw Daniel Alfredsson he was laid out on the ice in Game 2 against the Rangers after catching an elbow in the head from Carl Hagelin. Alfredsson was diagnosed with a concussion and out for a undetermined amount of time.
With the Senators a win away from knocking out the top seeded Rangers, Alfredsson has the itch and as Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun finds out, he’s aiming to be out there with his team in Game 6.
“He’s made progress,” offered coach Paul MacLean after Saturday’s pre-game skate.
Alfredsson skated with the team again today and he’s working hard to get back. That said, with the Senators on the verge of advancing, it brings about the question of whether or not it’s smart to have Alfredsson seemingly rush back to get in the lineup.
After all, it’s been about a week since he was put out of action and we know by now that concussions are a tricky injury to manage. If the Senators are going to go deep in the postseason, they’ll need their captain to be a part of that.
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 0
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 8
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 6
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 28
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)