Apr 22, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Last we saw Daniel Alfredsson he was laid out on the ice in Game 2 against the Rangers after catching an elbow in the head from Carl Hagelin. Alfredsson was diagnosed with a concussion and out for a undetermined amount of time.
With the Senators a win away from knocking out the top seeded Rangers, Alfredsson has the itch and as Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun finds out, he’s aiming to be out there with his team in Game 6.
“He’s made progress,” offered coach Paul MacLean after Saturday’s pre-game skate.
Alfredsson skated with the team again today and he’s working hard to get back. That said, with the Senators on the verge of advancing, it brings about the question of whether or not it’s smart to have Alfredsson seemingly rush back to get in the lineup.
After all, it’s been about a week since he was put out of action and we know by now that concussions are a tricky injury to manage. If the Senators are going to go deep in the postseason, they’ll need their captain to be a part of that.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)