Apr 22, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Last we saw Daniel Alfredsson he was laid out on the ice in Game 2 against the Rangers after catching an elbow in the head from Carl Hagelin. Alfredsson was diagnosed with a concussion and out for a undetermined amount of time.
With the Senators a win away from knocking out the top seeded Rangers, Alfredsson has the itch and as Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun finds out, he’s aiming to be out there with his team in Game 6.
“He’s made progress,” offered coach Paul MacLean after Saturday’s pre-game skate.
Alfredsson skated with the team again today and he’s working hard to get back. That said, with the Senators on the verge of advancing, it brings about the question of whether or not it’s smart to have Alfredsson seemingly rush back to get in the lineup.
After all, it’s been about a week since he was put out of action and we know by now that concussions are a tricky injury to manage. If the Senators are going to go deep in the postseason, they’ll need their captain to be a part of that.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)