Apr 22, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Last we saw Daniel Alfredsson he was laid out on the ice in Game 2 against the Rangers after catching an elbow in the head from Carl Hagelin. Alfredsson was diagnosed with a concussion and out for a undetermined amount of time.
With the Senators a win away from knocking out the top seeded Rangers, Alfredsson has the itch and as Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun finds out, he’s aiming to be out there with his team in Game 6.
“He’s made progress,” offered coach Paul MacLean after Saturday’s pre-game skate.
Alfredsson skated with the team again today and he’s working hard to get back. That said, with the Senators on the verge of advancing, it brings about the question of whether or not it’s smart to have Alfredsson seemingly rush back to get in the lineup.
After all, it’s been about a week since he was put out of action and we know by now that concussions are a tricky injury to manage. If the Senators are going to go deep in the postseason, they’ll need their captain to be a part of that.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)