Apr 22, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Last we saw Daniel Alfredsson he was laid out on the ice in Game 2 against the Rangers after catching an elbow in the head from Carl Hagelin. Alfredsson was diagnosed with a concussion and out for a undetermined amount of time.
With the Senators a win away from knocking out the top seeded Rangers, Alfredsson has the itch and as Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun finds out, he’s aiming to be out there with his team in Game 6.
“He’s made progress,” offered coach Paul MacLean after Saturday’s pre-game skate.
Alfredsson skated with the team again today and he’s working hard to get back. That said, with the Senators on the verge of advancing, it brings about the question of whether or not it’s smart to have Alfredsson seemingly rush back to get in the lineup.
After all, it’s been about a week since he was put out of action and we know by now that concussions are a tricky injury to manage. If the Senators are going to go deep in the postseason, they’ll need their captain to be a part of that.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)