Apr 21, 2012, 11:20 PM EST
Hockey fans are a loyal bunch. If you want proof of that, just note how some Phoenix Coyotes fans are coming out in support of Raffi Torres. Chris Kuc reports that many people cheered when a “Free Raffi” sign popped up on the JumboTron while Mark McClune passes along these rather … interesting cutouts:
So, chin up Raffi. Phoenix Coyotes fans are still behind you and the Vancouver Canucks are lending some sympathetic reactions, too.
How do you feel about Yotes fans’ outpouring of love, though? Are they justified? Is it charming or maybe a little nutty? Perhaps all of the above?
Personally, I think the “Free [person]” meme is about to run its course, if it hasn’t already.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11