Apr 21, 2012, 11:20 PM EDT
Hockey fans are a loyal bunch. If you want proof of that, just note how some Phoenix Coyotes fans are coming out in support of Raffi Torres. Chris Kuc reports that many people cheered when a “Free Raffi” sign popped up on the JumboTron while Mark McClune passes along these rather … interesting cutouts:
So, chin up Raffi. Phoenix Coyotes fans are still behind you and the Vancouver Canucks are lending some sympathetic reactions, too.
How do you feel about Yotes fans’ outpouring of love, though? Are they justified? Is it charming or maybe a little nutty? Perhaps all of the above?
Personally, I think the “Free [person]” meme is about to run its course, if it hasn’t already.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 0
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)