Apr 21, 2012, 11:20 PM EDT
Hockey fans are a loyal bunch. If you want proof of that, just note how some Phoenix Coyotes fans are coming out in support of Raffi Torres. Chris Kuc reports that many people cheered when a “Free Raffi” sign popped up on the JumboTron while Mark McClune passes along these rather … interesting cutouts:
So, chin up Raffi. Phoenix Coyotes fans are still behind you and the Vancouver Canucks are lending some sympathetic reactions, too.
How do you feel about Yotes fans’ outpouring of love, though? Are they justified? Is it charming or maybe a little nutty? Perhaps all of the above?
Personally, I think the “Free [person]” meme is about to run its course, if it hasn’t already.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18