Apr 21, 2012, 11:20 PM EDT
Hockey fans are a loyal bunch. If you want proof of that, just note how some Phoenix Coyotes fans are coming out in support of Raffi Torres. Chris Kuc reports that many people cheered when a “Free Raffi” sign popped up on the JumboTron while Mark McClune passes along these rather … interesting cutouts:
So, chin up Raffi. Phoenix Coyotes fans are still behind you and the Vancouver Canucks are lending some sympathetic reactions, too.
How do you feel about Yotes fans’ outpouring of love, though? Are they justified? Is it charming or maybe a little nutty? Perhaps all of the above?
Personally, I think the “Free [person]” meme is about to run its course, if it hasn’t already.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)