Apr 21, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
After the Flyers’ tough 3-2 loss in Game 5, the talk was all about what Marc-Andre Fleury did to steal a win for the Penguins. Flyers forward Scott Hartnell is feeling a little jealous of that sort of effort and wants to see his team do the same.
CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez hears from Hartnell about how he wants to see their defense and goaltending pull off a big game before it’s all said and done.
“It’s time for our defense and our goalie to win us a game,” Hartnell said. “It’s nothing that we need a goalie to make those stops on. Bryz is not playing bad, but we’d love to win 1-0 and get a shutout and move on and get some rest and get some guys healthy.”
That would make for a great plan for the Flyers, the problem there is the Penguins are bringing all sorts of heat their way as well.
Jordan Staal has had an electric series as have other Pens role players all while the Flyers defense hasn’t looked strong and Ilya Bryzgalov has had his share of issues too. If the Flyers do follow Hartnell’s suggestion, they’ll be able to get a little bit of rest as they just need one more win to move on.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)