Apr 21, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
After the Flyers’ tough 3-2 loss in Game 5, the talk was all about what Marc-Andre Fleury did to steal a win for the Penguins. Flyers forward Scott Hartnell is feeling a little jealous of that sort of effort and wants to see his team do the same.
CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez hears from Hartnell about how he wants to see their defense and goaltending pull off a big game before it’s all said and done.
“It’s time for our defense and our goalie to win us a game,” Hartnell said. “It’s nothing that we need a goalie to make those stops on. Bryz is not playing bad, but we’d love to win 1-0 and get a shutout and move on and get some rest and get some guys healthy.”
That would make for a great plan for the Flyers, the problem there is the Penguins are bringing all sorts of heat their way as well.
Jordan Staal has had an electric series as have other Pens role players all while the Flyers defense hasn’t looked strong and Ilya Bryzgalov has had his share of issues too. If the Flyers do follow Hartnell’s suggestion, they’ll be able to get a little bit of rest as they just need one more win to move on.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 39
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)