Apr 21, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
After the Flyers’ tough 3-2 loss in Game 5, the talk was all about what Marc-Andre Fleury did to steal a win for the Penguins. Flyers forward Scott Hartnell is feeling a little jealous of that sort of effort and wants to see his team do the same.
CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez hears from Hartnell about how he wants to see their defense and goaltending pull off a big game before it’s all said and done.
“It’s time for our defense and our goalie to win us a game,” Hartnell said. “It’s nothing that we need a goalie to make those stops on. Bryz is not playing bad, but we’d love to win 1-0 and get a shutout and move on and get some rest and get some guys healthy.”
That would make for a great plan for the Flyers, the problem there is the Penguins are bringing all sorts of heat their way as well.
Jordan Staal has had an electric series as have other Pens role players all while the Flyers defense hasn’t looked strong and Ilya Bryzgalov has had his share of issues too. If the Flyers do follow Hartnell’s suggestion, they’ll be able to get a little bit of rest as they just need one more win to move on.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 87
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (87)