Apr 21, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
After the Flyers’ tough 3-2 loss in Game 5, the talk was all about what Marc-Andre Fleury did to steal a win for the Penguins. Flyers forward Scott Hartnell is feeling a little jealous of that sort of effort and wants to see his team do the same.
CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez hears from Hartnell about how he wants to see their defense and goaltending pull off a big game before it’s all said and done.
“It’s time for our defense and our goalie to win us a game,” Hartnell said. “It’s nothing that we need a goalie to make those stops on. Bryz is not playing bad, but we’d love to win 1-0 and get a shutout and move on and get some rest and get some guys healthy.”
That would make for a great plan for the Flyers, the problem there is the Penguins are bringing all sorts of heat their way as well.
Jordan Staal has had an electric series as have other Pens role players all while the Flyers defense hasn’t looked strong and Ilya Bryzgalov has had his share of issues too. If the Flyers do follow Hartnell’s suggestion, they’ll be able to get a little bit of rest as they just need one more win to move on.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)