Apr 21, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
After the Flyers’ tough 3-2 loss in Game 5, the talk was all about what Marc-Andre Fleury did to steal a win for the Penguins. Flyers forward Scott Hartnell is feeling a little jealous of that sort of effort and wants to see his team do the same.
CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez hears from Hartnell about how he wants to see their defense and goaltending pull off a big game before it’s all said and done.
“It’s time for our defense and our goalie to win us a game,” Hartnell said. “It’s nothing that we need a goalie to make those stops on. Bryz is not playing bad, but we’d love to win 1-0 and get a shutout and move on and get some rest and get some guys healthy.”
That would make for a great plan for the Flyers, the problem there is the Penguins are bringing all sorts of heat their way as well.
Jordan Staal has had an electric series as have other Pens role players all while the Flyers defense hasn’t looked strong and Ilya Bryzgalov has had his share of issues too. If the Flyers do follow Hartnell’s suggestion, they’ll be able to get a little bit of rest as they just need one more win to move on.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 20
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 20
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 31
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)