Apr 21, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen might be having more fits over his goaltending than they’re having in Philadelphia during the playoffs. Dineen has seen Jose Theodore proven to be ineffective and tried to change things up in Game 4 with Scott Clemmensen. Clemmensen responded by giving up four goals in a 4-0 loss.
As both Panthers play-by-play man Steve Goldstein and the Miami Herald’s George Richards reported from this morning’s skate, it appears Theodore is getting the call to start for tonight’s Game 5 in Sunrise.
Both Theodore and Clemmensen have wins in this series and Dineen’s debate over who should start is understandable. Now his hope is that Theodore can steal another one tonight and pray for more thievery in the future.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42