Apr 21, 2012, 7:56 PM EST
If you ever interview someone, it’s probably a good idea to get a bit of background information ahead of time. Their name is a good start. Otherwise, you end up landing an interview with Kevin Bieksa, but think that it’s Ryan Kesler.
When the radio interviewer introduced the Ontario-born Bieksa as Kesler, Bieksa decided to run with it and play up Kesler’s Michigan roots. Hilarity ensues:
“That guy’s an idiot,” Bieksa informed The Province afterwards. “It’s his own fault if he can’t tell the difference between an all-star center and a plug defenceman.”
Everyone makes mistakes, so to that end you have to feel bad for the Mike Dunsmore, who conducted the interview, but that doesn’t change the fact that the entire situation is pretty funny. It’s also worth noting that Dunsmore took the error in stride and showed that he does have a sense of humor about the whole thing.
Dunsmore tweeted, “You can’t fool #Canucks fans. They know what Ryan Kesler sounds like. My next interview will be Shareef Abdur-Rahim acting as Bryant Reeves.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54