Apr 21, 2012, 7:56 PM EDT
If you ever interview someone, it’s probably a good idea to get a bit of background information ahead of time. Their name is a good start. Otherwise, you end up landing an interview with Kevin Bieksa, but think that it’s Ryan Kesler.
When the radio interviewer introduced the Ontario-born Bieksa as Kesler, Bieksa decided to run with it and play up Kesler’s Michigan roots. Hilarity ensues:
“That guy’s an idiot,” Bieksa informed The Province afterwards. “It’s his own fault if he can’t tell the difference between an all-star center and a plug defenceman.”
Everyone makes mistakes, so to that end you have to feel bad for the Mike Dunsmore, who conducted the interview, but that doesn’t change the fact that the entire situation is pretty funny. It’s also worth noting that Dunsmore took the error in stride and showed that he does have a sense of humor about the whole thing.
Dunsmore tweeted, “You can’t fool #Canucks fans. They know what Ryan Kesler sounds like. My next interview will be Shareef Abdur-Rahim acting as Bryant Reeves.”
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22