Apr 21, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
It hasn’t been a stellar first round series for either Brad Marchand or Tyler Seguin. They’re not producing offensively and the Bruins find themselves tied up in the best-of-seven series with the Washington Capitals. After four games with a lack of production, Bruins coach Claude Julien has seen enough.
Julien shook up his lines and moved Seguin to the third line and Marchand down to the fourth line. For these two guys, getting demoted from the second line alongside Patrice Bergeron is a setback and as Marchand tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, if Julien is sending him a message he’s heard it loud and clear.
“I know I’ve got to be better and I know that. It’s on me to step up and bring the game that I can,” said Marchand. “I’ve played with Soupy [Gregory Campbell] and Thorty [Shawn Thornton] last year and we played really well together and hopefully we can bring that intensity. We were pretty offensive last year too so hopefully we can bring that as well.”
If that troika can do what they did last year, the Capitals are in for a very annoying Game 5 this afternoon. As for Seguin, giving him a change of linemates is something Julien hopes can spark the kid’s offense as it’s been non-existent in this series. For the Bruins, they’ll need to get bodies flying around Braden Holtby if they’re going to get him out of his rhythm.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)