Apr 21, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
It hasn’t been a stellar first round series for either Brad Marchand or Tyler Seguin. They’re not producing offensively and the Bruins find themselves tied up in the best-of-seven series with the Washington Capitals. After four games with a lack of production, Bruins coach Claude Julien has seen enough.
Julien shook up his lines and moved Seguin to the third line and Marchand down to the fourth line. For these two guys, getting demoted from the second line alongside Patrice Bergeron is a setback and as Marchand tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, if Julien is sending him a message he’s heard it loud and clear.
“I know I’ve got to be better and I know that. It’s on me to step up and bring the game that I can,” said Marchand. “I’ve played with Soupy [Gregory Campbell] and Thorty [Shawn Thornton] last year and we played really well together and hopefully we can bring that intensity. We were pretty offensive last year too so hopefully we can bring that as well.”
If that troika can do what they did last year, the Capitals are in for a very annoying Game 5 this afternoon. As for Seguin, giving him a change of linemates is something Julien hopes can spark the kid’s offense as it’s been non-existent in this series. For the Bruins, they’ll need to get bodies flying around Braden Holtby if they’re going to get him out of his rhythm.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)