Apr 21, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
It hasn’t been a stellar first round series for either Brad Marchand or Tyler Seguin. They’re not producing offensively and the Bruins find themselves tied up in the best-of-seven series with the Washington Capitals. After four games with a lack of production, Bruins coach Claude Julien has seen enough.
Julien shook up his lines and moved Seguin to the third line and Marchand down to the fourth line. For these two guys, getting demoted from the second line alongside Patrice Bergeron is a setback and as Marchand tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, if Julien is sending him a message he’s heard it loud and clear.
“I know I’ve got to be better and I know that. It’s on me to step up and bring the game that I can,” said Marchand. “I’ve played with Soupy [Gregory Campbell] and Thorty [Shawn Thornton] last year and we played really well together and hopefully we can bring that intensity. We were pretty offensive last year too so hopefully we can bring that as well.”
If that troika can do what they did last year, the Capitals are in for a very annoying Game 5 this afternoon. As for Seguin, giving him a change of linemates is something Julien hopes can spark the kid’s offense as it’s been non-existent in this series. For the Bruins, they’ll need to get bodies flying around Braden Holtby if they’re going to get him out of his rhythm.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)