Apr 21, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
With the series tied up at two games apiece, the winner of today’s game had the chance to seize control heading into tomorrow’s Game 6 in Washington.
Leave it to the Capitals to keep fighting back after blown leads to finally ice the game on a Troy Brouwer power play goal late in the third period and give the Caps a 4-3 win and a chance to finish the series at home tomorrow.
Some thoughts to discuss in the comments:
—- Braden Holtby didn’t have to steal the game, he just had to be solid and he did just that.
—- The Bruins promised to bring more traffic to the net and they did that. It also sparked their offense… Just not enough.
—- The Capitals’ defensive play again was impressive, although blowing two leads in this game doesn’t reflect well on them.
—- What’s going on with Tim Thomas? A couple of suspect goals, especially Brouwer’s game-winner are especially head-scratching.
—- Hey, at least the Bruins scored a power play goal finally. Johnny Boychuk‘s goal in the third tied things up at 3-3 and gave Boston their first goal on the man advantage in the series.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)