Apr 21, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
With the series tied up at two games apiece, the winner of today’s game had the chance to seize control heading into tomorrow’s Game 6 in Washington.
Leave it to the Capitals to keep fighting back after blown leads to finally ice the game on a Troy Brouwer power play goal late in the third period and give the Caps a 4-3 win and a chance to finish the series at home tomorrow.
Some thoughts to discuss in the comments:
—- Braden Holtby didn’t have to steal the game, he just had to be solid and he did just that.
—- The Bruins promised to bring more traffic to the net and they did that. It also sparked their offense… Just not enough.
—- The Capitals’ defensive play again was impressive, although blowing two leads in this game doesn’t reflect well on them.
—- What’s going on with Tim Thomas? A couple of suspect goals, especially Brouwer’s game-winner are especially head-scratching.
—- Hey, at least the Bruins scored a power play goal finally. Johnny Boychuk‘s goal in the third tied things up at 3-3 and gave Boston their first goal on the man advantage in the series.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)