Apr 21, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
With the series tied up at two games apiece, the winner of today’s game had the chance to seize control heading into tomorrow’s Game 6 in Washington.
Leave it to the Capitals to keep fighting back after blown leads to finally ice the game on a Troy Brouwer power play goal late in the third period and give the Caps a 4-3 win and a chance to finish the series at home tomorrow.
Some thoughts to discuss in the comments:
—- Braden Holtby didn’t have to steal the game, he just had to be solid and he did just that.
—- The Bruins promised to bring more traffic to the net and they did that. It also sparked their offense… Just not enough.
—- The Capitals’ defensive play again was impressive, although blowing two leads in this game doesn’t reflect well on them.
—- What’s going on with Tim Thomas? A couple of suspect goals, especially Brouwer’s game-winner are especially head-scratching.
—- Hey, at least the Bruins scored a power play goal finally. Johnny Boychuk‘s goal in the third tied things up at 3-3 and gave Boston their first goal on the man advantage in the series.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)