Apr 21, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
With the series tied up at two games apiece, the winner of today’s game had the chance to seize control heading into tomorrow’s Game 6 in Washington.
Leave it to the Capitals to keep fighting back after blown leads to finally ice the game on a Troy Brouwer power play goal late in the third period and give the Caps a 4-3 win and a chance to finish the series at home tomorrow.
Some thoughts to discuss in the comments:
—- Braden Holtby didn’t have to steal the game, he just had to be solid and he did just that.
—- The Bruins promised to bring more traffic to the net and they did that. It also sparked their offense… Just not enough.
—- The Capitals’ defensive play again was impressive, although blowing two leads in this game doesn’t reflect well on them.
—- What’s going on with Tim Thomas? A couple of suspect goals, especially Brouwer’s game-winner are especially head-scratching.
—- Hey, at least the Bruins scored a power play goal finally. Johnny Boychuk‘s goal in the third tied things up at 3-3 and gave Boston their first goal on the man advantage in the series.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)