Apr 21, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
With the series tied up at two games apiece, the winner of today’s game had the chance to seize control heading into tomorrow’s Game 6 in Washington.
Leave it to the Capitals to keep fighting back after blown leads to finally ice the game on a Troy Brouwer power play goal late in the third period and give the Caps a 4-3 win and a chance to finish the series at home tomorrow.
Some thoughts to discuss in the comments:
—- Braden Holtby didn’t have to steal the game, he just had to be solid and he did just that.
—- The Bruins promised to bring more traffic to the net and they did that. It also sparked their offense… Just not enough.
—- The Capitals’ defensive play again was impressive, although blowing two leads in this game doesn’t reflect well on them.
—- What’s going on with Tim Thomas? A couple of suspect goals, especially Brouwer’s game-winner are especially head-scratching.
—- Hey, at least the Bruins scored a power play goal finally. Johnny Boychuk‘s goal in the third tied things up at 3-3 and gave Boston their first goal on the man advantage in the series.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)