Apr 21, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
For some, the major storyline will be that this could very well be the end of an era for the San Jose Sharks. If you ask the St. Louis Blues, it might the beginning of their own run of excellence. For the first time in 10 years, the Blues won a playoff series after grinding out a 3-1 win to take the series 4-1.
- First things first: how good are the Blues, in your eyes? With the Vancouver Canucks possibly out of the mix, are they the new favorite in the West?
- Did Ken Hitchcock out-coach Todd McLellan?
- Conversely, was it more about the Sharks’ stars failing (Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski went without a point in five games) or was it more about just how strong the Blues’ defense really is?
- OK, I might as well get this out of the way: is it time to “blow up” the Sharks? If your answer is “Yes,” then be specific.
- Should Brian Elliott be strongly in place as the Blues’ No. 1 guy?
- Will a potential long layoff hurt the Blues?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)