Apr 21, 2012, 10:17 PM EST
For some, the major storyline will be that this could very well be the end of an era for the San Jose Sharks. If you ask the St. Louis Blues, it might the beginning of their own run of excellence. For the first time in 10 years, the Blues won a playoff series after grinding out a 3-1 win to take the series 4-1.
- First things first: how good are the Blues, in your eyes? With the Vancouver Canucks possibly out of the mix, are they the new favorite in the West?
- Did Ken Hitchcock out-coach Todd McLellan?
- Conversely, was it more about the Sharks’ stars failing (Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski went without a point in five games) or was it more about just how strong the Blues’ defense really is?
- OK, I might as well get this out of the way: is it time to “blow up” the Sharks? If your answer is “Yes,” then be specific.
- Should Brian Elliott be strongly in place as the Blues’ No. 1 guy?
- Will a potential long layoff hurt the Blues?
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)