Apr 21, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
For some, the major storyline will be that this could very well be the end of an era for the San Jose Sharks. If you ask the St. Louis Blues, it might the beginning of their own run of excellence. For the first time in 10 years, the Blues won a playoff series after grinding out a 3-1 win to take the series 4-1.
- First things first: how good are the Blues, in your eyes? With the Vancouver Canucks possibly out of the mix, are they the new favorite in the West?
- Did Ken Hitchcock out-coach Todd McLellan?
- Conversely, was it more about the Sharks’ stars failing (Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski went without a point in five games) or was it more about just how strong the Blues’ defense really is?
- OK, I might as well get this out of the way: is it time to “blow up” the Sharks? If your answer is “Yes,” then be specific.
- Should Brian Elliott be strongly in place as the Blues’ No. 1 guy?
- Will a potential long layoff hurt the Blues?
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6