Apr 21, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
For some, the major storyline will be that this could very well be the end of an era for the San Jose Sharks. If you ask the St. Louis Blues, it might the beginning of their own run of excellence. For the first time in 10 years, the Blues won a playoff series after grinding out a 3-1 win to take the series 4-1.
- First things first: how good are the Blues, in your eyes? With the Vancouver Canucks possibly out of the mix, are they the new favorite in the West?
- Did Ken Hitchcock out-coach Todd McLellan?
- Conversely, was it more about the Sharks’ stars failing (Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski went without a point in five games) or was it more about just how strong the Blues’ defense really is?
- OK, I might as well get this out of the way: is it time to “blow up” the Sharks? If your answer is “Yes,” then be specific.
- Should Brian Elliott be strongly in place as the Blues’ No. 1 guy?
- Will a potential long layoff hurt the Blues?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)