Apr 21, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
As you may recall, Don Cherry didn’t like Raffi Torres’ devastating hit on Marian Hossa. At the time, Cherry went on the record to say that Torres should get a 10-game suspension. As it turns out, Brendan Shanahan decided a far harsher punishment was warranted.
Following the suspension, Cherry lashed out against Torres, saying that “he’s almost a poster boy of how not to play the game.”
It seems fair to say that Torres reputation couldn’t be much worse and when he eventually returns to the NHL, he’ll have to work hard if he wants to present himself as a changed player.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3