Apr 21, 2012, 8:51 PM EST
As you may recall, Don Cherry didn’t like Raffi Torres’ devastating hit on Marian Hossa. At the time, Cherry went on the record to say that Torres should get a 10-game suspension. As it turns out, Brendan Shanahan decided a far harsher punishment was warranted.
Following the suspension, Cherry lashed out against Torres, saying that “he’s almost a poster boy of how not to play the game.”
It seems fair to say that Torres reputation couldn’t be much worse and when he eventually returns to the NHL, he’ll have to work hard if he wants to present himself as a changed player.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35