Apr 21, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
After watching their teammate, Marian Hossa, leave Game 3 on a stretcher because of Raffi Torres‘ actions, it’s not surprising that the Blackhawks players are among the biggest supporters of the 25-game suspension.
Jonathan Toews echoed Kane’s remarks.
“It sends a huge message for guys to smarten up out there – especially during the playoffs,” Toews said.
Naturally, them being supportive of the suspension is not the same as them being happy about the larger situation.
“Maybe a bit of consolation now that justice has been done,” Toews said, “but Hossa is still sitting at home not feeling himself.”
The Chicago Blackhawks haven’t been particularly open about Hossa’s status, which isn’t surprising given that this is the playoffs, but we do know that he won’t be available for Game 5 on Saturday. Chicago needs to win that contest in order to extend their season.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)