Apr 21, 2012, 5:37 PM EST
After watching their teammate, Marian Hossa, leave Game 3 on a stretcher because of Raffi Torres‘ actions, it’s not surprising that the Blackhawks players are among the biggest supporters of the 25-game suspension.
Jonathan Toews echoed Kane’s remarks.
“It sends a huge message for guys to smarten up out there – especially during the playoffs,” Toews said.
Naturally, them being supportive of the suspension is not the same as them being happy about the larger situation.
“Maybe a bit of consolation now that justice has been done,” Toews said, “but Hossa is still sitting at home not feeling himself.”
The Chicago Blackhawks haven’t been particularly open about Hossa’s status, which isn’t surprising given that this is the playoffs, but we do know that he won’t be available for Game 5 on Saturday. Chicago needs to win that contest in order to extend their season.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)