Apr 21, 2012, 5:37 PM EST
After watching their teammate, Marian Hossa, leave Game 3 on a stretcher because of Raffi Torres‘ actions, it’s not surprising that the Blackhawks players are among the biggest supporters of the 25-game suspension.
Jonathan Toews echoed Kane’s remarks.
“It sends a huge message for guys to smarten up out there – especially during the playoffs,” Toews said.
Naturally, them being supportive of the suspension is not the same as them being happy about the larger situation.
“Maybe a bit of consolation now that justice has been done,” Toews said, “but Hossa is still sitting at home not feeling himself.”
The Chicago Blackhawks haven’t been particularly open about Hossa’s status, which isn’t surprising given that this is the playoffs, but we do know that he won’t be available for Game 5 on Saturday. Chicago needs to win that contest in order to extend their season.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 18
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)