Apr 21, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
After watching their teammate, Marian Hossa, leave Game 3 on a stretcher because of Raffi Torres‘ actions, it’s not surprising that the Blackhawks players are among the biggest supporters of the 25-game suspension.
Jonathan Toews echoed Kane’s remarks.
“It sends a huge message for guys to smarten up out there – especially during the playoffs,” Toews said.
Naturally, them being supportive of the suspension is not the same as them being happy about the larger situation.
“Maybe a bit of consolation now that justice has been done,” Toews said, “but Hossa is still sitting at home not feeling himself.”
The Chicago Blackhawks haven’t been particularly open about Hossa’s status, which isn’t surprising given that this is the playoffs, but we do know that he won’t be available for Game 5 on Saturday. Chicago needs to win that contest in order to extend their season.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31