Apr 21, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Nicklas Backstrom is itchy to get back on the ice for the Capitals this afternoon but he had some business to take care of ahead of that. He had some apologizing to do to his teammates.
Katie Carrera of the Washington Post reports Backstrom said he was sorry to his teammates for getting suspended for Game 4 thanks to his cross check to the head of Rich Peverley and is focused on moving ahead for today’s Game 5 in Boston. Backstrom kept his sentiments short.
“I apologized in front of everybody, so I’m just looking forward,” Backstrom said. “Life goes on. It’s a new game Saturday and you can’t really do anything else.”
Life is just a Beatles song for the Capitals’ top centerman and play maker. The Caps didn’t exactly miss out on having Backstrom in Game 4 as Braden Holtby held his ground shutting down the Bruins.
One thing the Caps chose not to do was go full-bore ahead with their offense. Without Backstrom and limiting Alex Ovechkin‘s minutes in the third period, the Caps opted to bar the door and go all out playing defense. It worked and now it’ll be worth watching to see how the Caps come back today with Backstrom ready to do his thing.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)