Apr 21, 2012, 12:07 PM EST
Nicklas Backstrom is itchy to get back on the ice for the Capitals this afternoon but he had some business to take care of ahead of that. He had some apologizing to do to his teammates.
Katie Carrera of the Washington Post reports Backstrom said he was sorry to his teammates for getting suspended for Game 4 thanks to his cross check to the head of Rich Peverley and is focused on moving ahead for today’s Game 5 in Boston. Backstrom kept his sentiments short.
“I apologized in front of everybody, so I’m just looking forward,” Backstrom said. “Life goes on. It’s a new game Saturday and you can’t really do anything else.”
Life is just a Beatles song for the Capitals’ top centerman and play maker. The Caps didn’t exactly miss out on having Backstrom in Game 4 as Braden Holtby held his ground shutting down the Bruins.
One thing the Caps chose not to do was go full-bore ahead with their offense. Without Backstrom and limiting Alex Ovechkin‘s minutes in the third period, the Caps opted to bar the door and go all out playing defense. It worked and now it’ll be worth watching to see how the Caps come back today with Backstrom ready to do his thing.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)