Apr 21, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Nicklas Backstrom is itchy to get back on the ice for the Capitals this afternoon but he had some business to take care of ahead of that. He had some apologizing to do to his teammates.
Katie Carrera of the Washington Post reports Backstrom said he was sorry to his teammates for getting suspended for Game 4 thanks to his cross check to the head of Rich Peverley and is focused on moving ahead for today’s Game 5 in Boston. Backstrom kept his sentiments short.
“I apologized in front of everybody, so I’m just looking forward,” Backstrom said. “Life goes on. It’s a new game Saturday and you can’t really do anything else.”
Life is just a Beatles song for the Capitals’ top centerman and play maker. The Caps didn’t exactly miss out on having Backstrom in Game 4 as Braden Holtby held his ground shutting down the Bruins.
One thing the Caps chose not to do was go full-bore ahead with their offense. Without Backstrom and limiting Alex Ovechkin‘s minutes in the third period, the Caps opted to bar the door and go all out playing defense. It worked and now it’ll be worth watching to see how the Caps come back today with Backstrom ready to do his thing.
- Bettman insists Coyotes and Panthers won’t relocate 1
- WATCH LIVE: Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final – Blackhawks at Lightning 0
- Report: Penguins owners (especially Lemieux) ponder sale of ‘some or all’ of franchise 13
- Report: Red Wings will name Blashill as head coach next week 1
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 16
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 72
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 22
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 77
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)