Apr 20, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Those who bet on the NHL will know that total goals (aka over/under) are almost always set at 5 or 5.5. Occasionally you’ll see a 6, but that’s as high as it’ll go.
Until tonight in Pittsburgh, where the total for the Penguins-Flyers game has been set at 7.
So in the spirit of gambling with nothing but pride on the line, we’d like to encourage all our fantastic commenters, and even the ones who we’re pretty sure comment from their prison cells, to pick whether the total goes over or under 7.
Reasons it might go over:
—- At least 7 goals have been scored in all four games.
—- You would’ve thought both teams would’ve tightened up defensively after Game 1. And then after Game 2. And then after Game 3. But they didn’t, so why should we expect them to tonight?
—- The Flyers will be without defensive defenseman Nicklas Grossmann (concussion), who will be replaced by inexperienced Erik Gustafsson.
Reasons it might go under:
—- Marc-Andre Fleury hasn’t allowed a goal in over two periods!
—- Ummm…a low-scoring game is due?
Alright, you make the call. I’m taking the under. Because what the hell, I’m staring at 1-7 in PHT’s first-round predictions, so nobody cares what I think will happen anyway.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40