Apr 20, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Those who bet on the NHL will know that total goals (aka over/under) are almost always set at 5 or 5.5. Occasionally you’ll see a 6, but that’s as high as it’ll go.
Until tonight in Pittsburgh, where the total for the Penguins-Flyers game has been set at 7.
So in the spirit of gambling with nothing but pride on the line, we’d like to encourage all our fantastic commenters, and even the ones who we’re pretty sure comment from their prison cells, to pick whether the total goes over or under 7.
Reasons it might go over:
—- At least 7 goals have been scored in all four games.
—- You would’ve thought both teams would’ve tightened up defensively after Game 1. And then after Game 2. And then after Game 3. But they didn’t, so why should we expect them to tonight?
—- The Flyers will be without defensive defenseman Nicklas Grossmann (concussion), who will be replaced by inexperienced Erik Gustafsson.
Reasons it might go under:
—- Marc-Andre Fleury hasn’t allowed a goal in over two periods!
—- Ummm…a low-scoring game is due?
Alright, you make the call. I’m taking the under. Because what the hell, I’m staring at 1-7 in PHT’s first-round predictions, so nobody cares what I think will happen anyway.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)