Apr 20, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Those who bet on the NHL will know that total goals (aka over/under) are almost always set at 5 or 5.5. Occasionally you’ll see a 6, but that’s as high as it’ll go.
Until tonight in Pittsburgh, where the total for the Penguins-Flyers game has been set at 7.
So in the spirit of gambling with nothing but pride on the line, we’d like to encourage all our fantastic commenters, and even the ones who we’re pretty sure comment from their prison cells, to pick whether the total goes over or under 7.
Reasons it might go over:
—- At least 7 goals have been scored in all four games.
—- You would’ve thought both teams would’ve tightened up defensively after Game 1. And then after Game 2. And then after Game 3. But they didn’t, so why should we expect them to tonight?
—- The Flyers will be without defensive defenseman Nicklas Grossmann (concussion), who will be replaced by inexperienced Erik Gustafsson.
Reasons it might go under:
—- Marc-Andre Fleury hasn’t allowed a goal in over two periods!
—- Ummm…a low-scoring game is due?
Alright, you make the call. I’m taking the under. Because what the hell, I’m staring at 1-7 in PHT’s first-round predictions, so nobody cares what I think will happen anyway.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)