Apr 20, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
Saturday promises to be a very eventful day in the first round of the NHL playoffs. Boston and Washington will kick off the day with their 3pm ET contest. That series is tied at 2, thanks in no small part to the efforts of Washington goaltender Braden Holtby.
From there, New Jersey and Florida will start Game 5 of their first round series at 6:30pm ET. Martin Brodeur is coming off his record-breaking 24th career shutout.
Ottawa and the New York Rangers will start their contest at 7pm ET as they battle for the edge in their tied series. A half an hour later, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues will kick off their own Game 5. A Blues win on Saturday would allow them to eliminate the Sharks.
Finally, the Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes will start Game 5 of their series at 10pm ET. The Coyotes have a commanding 3-1 series lead after their 3-2 overtime win on Thursday.
For more details about Saturday’s contests, please check out the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)