Apr 20, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
Saturday promises to be a very eventful day in the first round of the NHL playoffs. Boston and Washington will kick off the day with their 3pm ET contest. That series is tied at 2, thanks in no small part to the efforts of Washington goaltender Braden Holtby.
From there, New Jersey and Florida will start Game 5 of their first round series at 6:30pm ET. Martin Brodeur is coming off his record-breaking 24th career shutout.
Ottawa and the New York Rangers will start their contest at 7pm ET as they battle for the edge in their tied series. A half an hour later, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues will kick off their own Game 5. A Blues win on Saturday would allow them to eliminate the Sharks.
Finally, the Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes will start Game 5 of their series at 10pm ET. The Coyotes have a commanding 3-1 series lead after their 3-2 overtime win on Thursday.
For more details about Saturday’s contests, please check out the video below:
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 63
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination