Apr 20, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
Saturday promises to be a very eventful day in the first round of the NHL playoffs. Boston and Washington will kick off the day with their 3pm ET contest. That series is tied at 2, thanks in no small part to the efforts of Washington goaltender Braden Holtby.
From there, New Jersey and Florida will start Game 5 of their first round series at 6:30pm ET. Martin Brodeur is coming off his record-breaking 24th career shutout.
Ottawa and the New York Rangers will start their contest at 7pm ET as they battle for the edge in their tied series. A half an hour later, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues will kick off their own Game 5. A Blues win on Saturday would allow them to eliminate the Sharks.
Finally, the Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes will start Game 5 of their series at 10pm ET. The Coyotes have a commanding 3-1 series lead after their 3-2 overtime win on Thursday.
For more details about Saturday’s contests, please check out the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 3
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)