Apr 20, 2012, 9:36 PM EST
Saturday promises to be a very eventful day in the first round of the NHL playoffs. Boston and Washington will kick off the day with their 3pm ET contest. That series is tied at 2, thanks in no small part to the efforts of Washington goaltender Braden Holtby.
From there, New Jersey and Florida will start Game 5 of their first round series at 6:30pm ET. Martin Brodeur is coming off his record-breaking 24th career shutout.
Ottawa and the New York Rangers will start their contest at 7pm ET as they battle for the edge in their tied series. A half an hour later, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues will kick off their own Game 5. A Blues win on Saturday would allow them to eliminate the Sharks.
Finally, the Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes will start Game 5 of their series at 10pm ET. The Coyotes have a commanding 3-1 series lead after their 3-2 overtime win on Thursday.
For more details about Saturday’s contests, please check out the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 1
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 17
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 10
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 71
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)