Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
The band everyone seems to hate but somehow sells a billion records (wait, do they still say “sells records”?…whatever) will headline the 2012 NHL Awards show in Las Vegas, the league announced today.
And of course that band would be Nickelback. Or as I like to call them, the Poison of the 21st Century.
The NHL Awards will take place June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.
Music from Nickelback’s Here and Now album will also be integrated into 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs broadcasts, highlight reels during the conference finals, and on NHL Tonight.
Nickelback has performed at the NHL Awards before, in 2002 when they were held in Toronto and Jose Theodore won the Hart. (Yeah, that actually happened.)
For the full announcement, click here.
In the meantime, remember when Chaka Khan played the 2009 awards show?
That was a super weird choice.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 1
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28