Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
The band everyone seems to hate but somehow sells a billion records (wait, do they still say “sells records”?…whatever) will headline the 2012 NHL Awards show in Las Vegas, the league announced today.
And of course that band would be Nickelback. Or as I like to call them, the Poison of the 21st Century.
The NHL Awards will take place June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.
Music from Nickelback’s Here and Now album will also be integrated into 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs broadcasts, highlight reels during the conference finals, and on NHL Tonight.
Nickelback has performed at the NHL Awards before, in 2002 when they were held in Toronto and Jose Theodore won the Hart. (Yeah, that actually happened.)
For the full announcement, click here.
In the meantime, remember when Chaka Khan played the 2009 awards show?
That was a super weird choice.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)