Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
The band everyone seems to hate but somehow sells a billion records (wait, do they still say “sells records”?…whatever) will headline the 2012 NHL Awards show in Las Vegas, the league announced today.
And of course that band would be Nickelback. Or as I like to call them, the Poison of the 21st Century.
The NHL Awards will take place June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.
Music from Nickelback’s Here and Now album will also be integrated into 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs broadcasts, highlight reels during the conference finals, and on NHL Tonight.
Nickelback has performed at the NHL Awards before, in 2002 when they were held in Toronto and Jose Theodore won the Hart. (Yeah, that actually happened.)
For the full announcement, click here.
In the meantime, remember when Chaka Khan played the 2009 awards show?
That was a super weird choice.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)