Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
The band everyone seems to hate but somehow sells a billion records (wait, do they still say “sells records”?…whatever) will headline the 2012 NHL Awards show in Las Vegas, the league announced today.
And of course that band would be Nickelback. Or as I like to call them, the Poison of the 21st Century.
The NHL Awards will take place June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.
Music from Nickelback’s Here and Now album will also be integrated into 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs broadcasts, highlight reels during the conference finals, and on NHL Tonight.
Nickelback has performed at the NHL Awards before, in 2002 when they were held in Toronto and Jose Theodore won the Hart. (Yeah, that actually happened.)
For the full announcement, click here.
In the meantime, remember when Chaka Khan played the 2009 awards show?
That was a super weird choice.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5