Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
The band everyone seems to hate but somehow sells a billion records (wait, do they still say “sells records”?…whatever) will headline the 2012 NHL Awards show in Las Vegas, the league announced today.
And of course that band would be Nickelback. Or as I like to call them, the Poison of the 21st Century.
The NHL Awards will take place June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.
Music from Nickelback’s Here and Now album will also be integrated into 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs broadcasts, highlight reels during the conference finals, and on NHL Tonight.
Nickelback has performed at the NHL Awards before, in 2002 when they were held in Toronto and Jose Theodore won the Hart. (Yeah, that actually happened.)
For the full announcement, click here.
In the meantime, remember when Chaka Khan played the 2009 awards show?
That was a super weird choice.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)