Apr 20, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
Earlier this month, we touched on the story coming out of Montreal/Calgary about the awkwardness between former Canadiens forward Mike Cammalleri and former Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier.
Let’s go back to the night on Jan. 12 when the Canadiens were playing the Boston Bruins. Between the second and third periods, general manager Pierre Gauthier told Michael Cammalleri to take off his uniform and return to the team hotel because he had been traded. Gauthier said he couldn’t tell Cammalleri where he was going because the trade – to Calgary for Rene Bourque – had yet to be completed.
A stunned Cammalleri asked if he could keep his game jersey as a souvenir of the good times in Montreal. No problem, said Gauthier, as long as he was willing to pay for it.
The asking price? $1200, which is way more than the $600 Cammalleri’s game-worn jersey goes for online.
The story generated some heat, with the Calgary Herald’s Vicki Hall asking Cammalleri about the incident. (To which Cammy would neither confirm nor deny.)
Then today, this happened:
Isn’t it nice when everybody gets their happy ending?
/hums theme song to Family Ties
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5