Apr 20, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
Earlier this month, we touched on the story coming out of Montreal/Calgary about the awkwardness between former Canadiens forward Mike Cammalleri and former Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier.
Let’s go back to the night on Jan. 12 when the Canadiens were playing the Boston Bruins. Between the second and third periods, general manager Pierre Gauthier told Michael Cammalleri to take off his uniform and return to the team hotel because he had been traded. Gauthier said he couldn’t tell Cammalleri where he was going because the trade – to Calgary for Rene Bourque – had yet to be completed.
A stunned Cammalleri asked if he could keep his game jersey as a souvenir of the good times in Montreal. No problem, said Gauthier, as long as he was willing to pay for it.
The asking price? $1200, which is way more than the $600 Cammalleri’s game-worn jersey goes for online.
The story generated some heat, with the Calgary Herald’s Vicki Hall asking Cammalleri about the incident. (To which Cammy would neither confirm nor deny.)
Then today, this happened:
Isn’t it nice when everybody gets their happy ending?
/hums theme song to Family Ties
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 3
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6