Apr 20, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
They’ve become fiercer rivals recently, but the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks can relate to each other after Thursday. Jonathan Toews basically made the same point about Chicago’s 3-1 predicament as Sharks coach Todd McLellan made about San Jose’s conundrum. Here’s what he told Lou Korac.
“We have to feel good about the way we’ve played but [expletive] about the results,” McLellan said.
(For those of you who can handle the dirty language, this particular naughty word rhymes with city, ditty, gritty and pretty.)
While McLellan found it difficult to slam the Sharks, Blues bench boss Ken Hitchcock was quick to avoid bulletin board material.
“We’re learning a lot … but we’re growing up quick,” Hitchcock said. “This team’s doing this to us.”
Well played, Hitch. Well played.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 88
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 43
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 73
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63