Apr 20, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
They’ve become fiercer rivals recently, but the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks can relate to each other after Thursday. Jonathan Toews basically made the same point about Chicago’s 3-1 predicament as Sharks coach Todd McLellan made about San Jose’s conundrum. Here’s what he told Lou Korac.
“We have to feel good about the way we’ve played but [expletive] about the results,” McLellan said.
(For those of you who can handle the dirty language, this particular naughty word rhymes with city, ditty, gritty and pretty.)
While McLellan found it difficult to slam the Sharks, Blues bench boss Ken Hitchcock was quick to avoid bulletin board material.
“We’re learning a lot … but we’re growing up quick,” Hitchcock said. “This team’s doing this to us.”
Well played, Hitch. Well played.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)