Apr 20, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
They’ve become fiercer rivals recently, but the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks can relate to each other after Thursday. Jonathan Toews basically made the same point about Chicago’s 3-1 predicament as Sharks coach Todd McLellan made about San Jose’s conundrum. Here’s what he told Lou Korac.
“We have to feel good about the way we’ve played but [expletive] about the results,” McLellan said.
(For those of you who can handle the dirty language, this particular naughty word rhymes with city, ditty, gritty and pretty.)
While McLellan found it difficult to slam the Sharks, Blues bench boss Ken Hitchcock was quick to avoid bulletin board material.
“We’re learning a lot … but we’re growing up quick,” Hitchcock said. “This team’s doing this to us.”
Well played, Hitch. Well played.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 17
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25