Apr 20, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
They’ve become fiercer rivals recently, but the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks can relate to each other after Thursday. Jonathan Toews basically made the same point about Chicago’s 3-1 predicament as Sharks coach Todd McLellan made about San Jose’s conundrum. Here’s what he told Lou Korac.
“We have to feel good about the way we’ve played but [expletive] about the results,” McLellan said.
(For those of you who can handle the dirty language, this particular naughty word rhymes with city, ditty, gritty and pretty.)
While McLellan found it difficult to slam the Sharks, Blues bench boss Ken Hitchcock was quick to avoid bulletin board material.
“We’re learning a lot … but we’re growing up quick,” Hitchcock said. “This team’s doing this to us.”
Well played, Hitch. Well played.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)