Apr 20, 2012, 1:54 AM EST
They’ve become fiercer rivals recently, but the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks can relate to each other after Thursday. Jonathan Toews basically made the same point about Chicago’s 3-1 predicament as Sharks coach Todd McLellan made about San Jose’s conundrum. Here’s what he told Lou Korac.
“We have to feel good about the way we’ve played but [expletive] about the results,” McLellan said.
(For those of you who can handle the dirty language, this particular naughty word rhymes with city, ditty, gritty and pretty.)
While McLellan found it difficult to slam the Sharks, Blues bench boss Ken Hitchcock was quick to avoid bulletin board material.
“We’re learning a lot … but we’re growing up quick,” Hitchcock said. “This team’s doing this to us.”
Well played, Hitch. Well played.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10