Apr 20, 2012, 5:58 PM EST
Luongo didn’t – or if you believe him, couldn’t – comment on the rampant speculation he’ll be traded this summer in light of the fact Cory Schneider has snatched the starting job in the playoffs.
“To be honest, I don’t really read or listen, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on. I think right now is not the time to be thinking about that stuff,” said Luongo. “We want to be playing hockey for a little while here and that’s what I want to focus on.”
He did, however, acknowledge that it was “tough” to watch from the bench; however, what he’s feeling isn’t important right now.
“I’m not going to put myself ahead of the team,” he said. “We’re in this together. We worked hard all year to be in this position and right now I’m going to do the best I can to be ready in case needed. I’m 100 per cent behind Cory and my teammates.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11