Apr 20, 2012, 10:23 PM EST
Jordan Staal is known primarily for his defensive abilities, but in a series that has been much more offensively-oriented, he’s still made his presence known. Staal had a hat trick on Wednesday and contributed another goal and assist in Friday’s 3-2 victory.
Overall, he has six goals and nine points in this series — which is one more than Sidney Crosby. Staal has also been one of the Penguins’ more disciplined players, having accumulated just two penalty minutes in the wild series.
Staal is a great all-around talent and his offensive abilities have been somewhat underrated, due in part to his injury-shortened 2010-11 and 2011-12 campaigns. He was a big part of the Penguins’ first Cup run and if they manage to get past the Philadelphia Flyers, it will be due in no small part to his contributions.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 12
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 9
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8