Apr 20, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
The ridiculous assertion that the Blackhawks were keeping Marian Hossa out of the lineup in order to get Raffi Torres a longer suspension can officially be taken out back and buried in a hole with today’s news that Hossa won’t travel with the team to Phoenix for Saturday’s must-win Game 5.
Trailing the Coyotes 3-1 in the series, Chicago needs to win three straight games to avoid a first-round elimination. Suffice to say if the ‘Hawks could have one of their stars in the lineup tomorrow, they’d have him. And they’d have put him in for Game 4, too.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said there’s been no change in Hossa’s condition (which doesn’t tell us much since we don’t really know what his condition is anyway.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25