Apr 20, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
The ridiculous assertion that the Blackhawks were keeping Marian Hossa out of the lineup in order to get Raffi Torres a longer suspension can officially be taken out back and buried in a hole with today’s news that Hossa won’t travel with the team to Phoenix for Saturday’s must-win Game 5.
Trailing the Coyotes 3-1 in the series, Chicago needs to win three straight games to avoid a first-round elimination. Suffice to say if the ‘Hawks could have one of their stars in the lineup tomorrow, they’d have him. And they’d have put him in for Game 4, too.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said there’s been no change in Hossa’s condition (which doesn’t tell us much since we don’t really know what his condition is anyway.)
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13