Apr 20, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
The ridiculous assertion that the Blackhawks were keeping Marian Hossa out of the lineup in order to get Raffi Torres a longer suspension can officially be taken out back and buried in a hole with today’s news that Hossa won’t travel with the team to Phoenix for Saturday’s must-win Game 5.
Trailing the Coyotes 3-1 in the series, Chicago needs to win three straight games to avoid a first-round elimination. Suffice to say if the ‘Hawks could have one of their stars in the lineup tomorrow, they’d have him. And they’d have put him in for Game 4, too.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said there’s been no change in Hossa’s condition (which doesn’t tell us much since we don’t really know what his condition is anyway.)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5