Apr 20, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
The ridiculous assertion that the Blackhawks were keeping Marian Hossa out of the lineup in order to get Raffi Torres a longer suspension can officially be taken out back and buried in a hole with today’s news that Hossa won’t travel with the team to Phoenix for Saturday’s must-win Game 5.
Trailing the Coyotes 3-1 in the series, Chicago needs to win three straight games to avoid a first-round elimination. Suffice to say if the ‘Hawks could have one of their stars in the lineup tomorrow, they’d have him. And they’d have put him in for Game 4, too.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said there’s been no change in Hossa’s condition (which doesn’t tell us much since we don’t really know what his condition is anyway.)
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54