Apr 20, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
After scoring just three goals in their last two games, it looks like the New York Rangers are making some adjustments.
“Obviously, we just need to score more goals,” Richards said. “It’s 2-2 and we lose in overtime [in Game 4]. We want to make big plays.”
Coach John Tortorella opted to try a more balanced approach to his scoring lines on Friday with Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards practicing on different lines. Gaborik skated with Derek Stepan and Artem Anisimov while Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan were on the same line as Richards.
Gaborik and Richards both recorded two power-play assists in Game 4 on Wednesday, so it’d be wrong to say they’re struggling, but these changes might help spark the team as a whole. The Rangers’ first round series with the eighth seed Ottawa Senators is tied at 2-2 going into Game 5 on Saturday.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona