Apr 20, 2012, 10:35 PM EST
For the second straight year, the Nashville Predators have made it past the first round. Detroit made it interesting in the final moments of this game, but the Predators held on to their 2-1 lead and are the first team to advance.
Both teams have a lot of questions to address in the summer, but the Predators will get to put theirs off for a while longer, while Detroit must now look inward and ask if their dynasty is deteriorating.
Here’s some interesting notes:
- Alexander Radulov stepped up in this contest. He got his first goal of the 2012 playoffs and registered an assist.
- Did we witness Nicklas Lidstrom‘s last game? Not to take anything away from him, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t record a point in the playoffs.
- Detroit’s leading goal scorer in the regular season, Johan Franzen, had just one goal in five games in this series.
- Nashville showed off their depth in the first round. They’ve already gotten goals from eight different players in their 2012 playoff run, despite the fact that this wasn’t a particularly high scoring series.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 8
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 100
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (103)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)