Apr 20, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
For the second straight year, the Nashville Predators have made it past the first round. Detroit made it interesting in the final moments of this game, but the Predators held on to their 2-1 lead and are the first team to advance.
Both teams have a lot of questions to address in the summer, but the Predators will get to put theirs off for a while longer, while Detroit must now look inward and ask if their dynasty is deteriorating.
Here’s some interesting notes:
- Alexander Radulov stepped up in this contest. He got his first goal of the 2012 playoffs and registered an assist.
- Did we witness Nicklas Lidstrom‘s last game? Not to take anything away from him, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t record a point in the playoffs.
- Detroit’s leading goal scorer in the regular season, Johan Franzen, had just one goal in five games in this series.
- Nashville showed off their depth in the first round. They’ve already gotten goals from eight different players in their 2012 playoff run, despite the fact that this wasn’t a particularly high scoring series.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)