Apr 20, 2012, 10:35 PM EST
For the second straight year, the Nashville Predators have made it past the first round. Detroit made it interesting in the final moments of this game, but the Predators held on to their 2-1 lead and are the first team to advance.
Both teams have a lot of questions to address in the summer, but the Predators will get to put theirs off for a while longer, while Detroit must now look inward and ask if their dynasty is deteriorating.
Here’s some interesting notes:
- Alexander Radulov stepped up in this contest. He got his first goal of the 2012 playoffs and registered an assist.
- Did we witness Nicklas Lidstrom‘s last game? Not to take anything away from him, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t record a point in the playoffs.
- Detroit’s leading goal scorer in the regular season, Johan Franzen, had just one goal in five games in this series.
- Nashville showed off their depth in the first round. They’ve already gotten goals from eight different players in their 2012 playoff run, despite the fact that this wasn’t a particularly high scoring series.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)