Apr 20, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
For the second straight year, the Nashville Predators have made it past the first round. Detroit made it interesting in the final moments of this game, but the Predators held on to their 2-1 lead and are the first team to advance.
Both teams have a lot of questions to address in the summer, but the Predators will get to put theirs off for a while longer, while Detroit must now look inward and ask if their dynasty is deteriorating.
Here’s some interesting notes:
- Alexander Radulov stepped up in this contest. He got his first goal of the 2012 playoffs and registered an assist.
- Did we witness Nicklas Lidstrom‘s last game? Not to take anything away from him, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t record a point in the playoffs.
- Detroit’s leading goal scorer in the regular season, Johan Franzen, had just one goal in five games in this series.
- Nashville showed off their depth in the first round. They’ve already gotten goals from eight different players in their 2012 playoff run, despite the fact that this wasn’t a particularly high scoring series.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)