Apr 20, 2012, 2:47 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks did it, so did the Florida Panthers.
Will the Chicago Blackhawks be the next team to make a goaltending change?
They might, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers. Shortly before the team departed for Phoenix on Friday, head coach Joel Quenneville remained non-committal about who his Game 5 starter would be.
“We’ll talk about it,” Crawford said of his timeline for a decision. “We don’t foresee making an announcement.”
Corey Crawford has started all four games thus far, compiling below-average numbers: a 1-3 record with a .900 save percentage and 2.64 goals-against average.
His biggest issues, though, have come in overtime, where he’s allowed a pair of questionable markers to Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker:
Crawford was visibly disappointed after allowing the second of Boedker’s game-winning tallies.
“I was just playing it like a breakaway,” he said. “He came in and I don’t know how it went through there. I don’t know.”
Crawford’s poor play is just one of the reasons why Quenneville might turn to Emery. The 29-year-old has also had success against Phoenix this year, making three appearances against the Coyotes while posting a 1.52 GAA/.927 save percentage.
And lest we forget, Emery has experience taking the starting gig from Crawford and going on a run. In mid-December he was handed the reins and ripped off a five-game winning streak — plus, there’s his extensive playoff experience. He backstopped Ottawa to the Cup finals in 2007 and has 36 playoff games on his resume.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11