Apr 20, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks did it, so did the Florida Panthers.
Will the Chicago Blackhawks be the next team to make a goaltending change?
They might, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers. Shortly before the team departed for Phoenix on Friday, head coach Joel Quenneville remained non-committal about who his Game 5 starter would be.
“We’ll talk about it,” Crawford said of his timeline for a decision. “We don’t foresee making an announcement.”
Corey Crawford has started all four games thus far, compiling below-average numbers: a 1-3 record with a .900 save percentage and 2.64 goals-against average.
His biggest issues, though, have come in overtime, where he’s allowed a pair of questionable markers to Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker:
Crawford was visibly disappointed after allowing the second of Boedker’s game-winning tallies.
“I was just playing it like a breakaway,” he said. “He came in and I don’t know how it went through there. I don’t know.”
Crawford’s poor play is just one of the reasons why Quenneville might turn to Emery. The 29-year-old has also had success against Phoenix this year, making three appearances against the Coyotes while posting a 1.52 GAA/.927 save percentage.
And lest we forget, Emery has experience taking the starting gig from Crawford and going on a run. In mid-December he was handed the reins and ripped off a five-game winning streak — plus, there’s his extensive playoff experience. He backstopped Ottawa to the Cup finals in 2007 and has 36 playoff games on his resume.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 22
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 53
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris