Apr 20, 2012, 2:47 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks did it, so did the Florida Panthers.
Will the Chicago Blackhawks be the next team to make a goaltending change?
They might, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers. Shortly before the team departed for Phoenix on Friday, head coach Joel Quenneville remained non-committal about who his Game 5 starter would be.
“We’ll talk about it,” Crawford said of his timeline for a decision. “We don’t foresee making an announcement.”
Corey Crawford has started all four games thus far, compiling below-average numbers: a 1-3 record with a .900 save percentage and 2.64 goals-against average.
His biggest issues, though, have come in overtime, where he’s allowed a pair of questionable markers to Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker:
Crawford was visibly disappointed after allowing the second of Boedker’s game-winning tallies.
“I was just playing it like a breakaway,” he said. “He came in and I don’t know how it went through there. I don’t know.”
Crawford’s poor play is just one of the reasons why Quenneville might turn to Emery. The 29-year-old has also had success against Phoenix this year, making three appearances against the Coyotes while posting a 1.52 GAA/.927 save percentage.
And lest we forget, Emery has experience taking the starting gig from Crawford and going on a run. In mid-December he was handed the reins and ripped off a five-game winning streak — plus, there’s his extensive playoff experience. He backstopped Ottawa to the Cup finals in 2007 and has 36 playoff games on his resume.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 70
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 95
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (95)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)