Apr 19, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
This is a play that could have changed the course of the series, but fortunately, things didn’t turn out as badly as they could have. Marc Staal delivered a crushing blow to Jason Spezza late in the second period of the New York Rangers contest against the Ottawa Senators. You can view the hit below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Staal was not penalized for his actions, but the Senators already had the man advantage due to a separate incident. With Spezza briefly out of the game, Ottawa’s Sergei Gonchar quickly responded with a power-play goal that tied the contest at 2.
Spezza returned for the third period and Ottawa ended up with a 3-2 overtime win. The series is now tied with Game 5 scheduled for Saturday.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)