Apr 19, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
This is a play that could have changed the course of the series, but fortunately, things didn’t turn out as badly as they could have. Marc Staal delivered a crushing blow to Jason Spezza late in the second period of the New York Rangers contest against the Ottawa Senators. You can view the hit below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Staal was not penalized for his actions, but the Senators already had the man advantage due to a separate incident. With Spezza briefly out of the game, Ottawa’s Sergei Gonchar quickly responded with a power-play goal that tied the contest at 2.
Spezza returned for the third period and Ottawa ended up with a 3-2 overtime win. The series is now tied with Game 5 scheduled for Saturday.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7