Apr 19, 2012, 12:27 AM EST
This is a play that could have changed the course of the series, but fortunately, things didn’t turn out as badly as they could have. Marc Staal delivered a crushing blow to Jason Spezza late in the second period of the New York Rangers contest against the Ottawa Senators. You can view the hit below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Staal was not penalized for his actions, but the Senators already had the man advantage due to a separate incident. With Spezza briefly out of the game, Ottawa’s Sergei Gonchar quickly responded with a power-play goal that tied the contest at 2.
Spezza returned for the third period and Ottawa ended up with a 3-2 overtime win. The series is now tied with Game 5 scheduled for Saturday.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11